Chapter Eleven: Vampire Masquerade

Dracula found me on the floor the next night. He rushed in when he saw me on the ground and carried me over to my altar bed. I woke a while later.

I explained to Dracula that I was okay that I must have fallen asleep on the floor because I was so relaxed and calm. I never mentioned the visions.

The guests started arriving around midnight. Tons of vampires all gathered together, all hide their faces in masks but I could recognize some of them, like Lady Verosa from Italy and Lord Cunnington from England, vampires from all over the world, not many were teenagers or children but their were some.

I put of my dress and finished it off with black bat shaped mask that covered half my face and heeled boots. The dress came with a large necklace that covered my neck and I tied my black hair is a twisting up do.

Once the last of the guests had arrived and I was making my way to the great hall. I entered the hall and stood at the top of the long staircase and watched everyone from above. Music filled the room along with talking and laughter, a few people began to notice and that dragged the attention of others. I walked down the steps proudly to the people below. Waiting at the bottom was Dracula in a black and gold outfit, a gold mask covering half his face. Beside him was Aleera, her orange hair pulled back and her face covered by a gold mask similar to Dracula's. She was a pink dress with long and flowing sleeves and covered her feet.

They smiled up at me as I descended down the stairs and slipped my hand into Dracula's upon reaching the bottom of the staircase. He guided me to the centre of the dance floor and people cleared a circle. We dance the first dance of the night. When we finished everyone continued on with themselves and Dracula and I joined Aleera who was conversing with a man in a top hat and carried a walking stick.

"Vladislaus!" The man smiled when we approached, extending a hand to my father.

"Edmund" He shook it with a grin, "So nice of you to come"

"Well I wouldn't miss the chance to see an old friend again" He looked at me, "and this must be the lovely Lady Tayanna"

The man kissed my hand and I smiled. He was tall and had long brown hair and and stood proudly.

"My dear," Dracula said to me, "this is Edmund Laurent, he is an old friend of mine"

Suddenly, a short boy my age appeared beside Edmund in a black suit and black mask. His brown hair reminded me of the boy from my vision but I pushed the thoughts of the visions from my mind. This was my birthday party and I was not going to let a few silly images ruin it for me.

"And this must be young Marcel, I take it?" Dracula asked.

"Strapping young lad isn't he" Edmund grabbed his shoulder, "Edmund why don't you be a gentleman and ask the lady to dance?"

A little scared, the boy stepped in front of me and held out his shaky hand. He was about the same height as me but had brown hair that was short and spiked up at the front.

"Would you" He seemed a bit nervous, "care to dance?"

I said nothing but smiled and placed my hand in his and we made our way to the the dance floor and waltzed in silence until he managed to sputter out.

"You're very beautiful" He said.

"Thank you," I answered, "So, where are you from?"

"Transylvania like you, we live in a castle far from here though" He said.

"Oh, that's nice," I replied, "Do you have a mother?"

"Yes but sadly she is dying" He said.

"That's strange" I said.