Chapter One: Attack on the orphan

- PART ONE -

I heard them panicking outside the orphanage. A man said to be named "Van Helsing" and a woman named "Anna Valerious" had come to the village, saying they were going to kill Dracula, like that was possible. I thought they were both stupid and insane. But what does a twelve year old orphan girl like me know about the outside world, I have never left the orphanage not once? This may be a tiny town but no one ever came to the two story orphanage and no orphan ever left. They probably don't know I exist.

I was looking out the window on the second floor, seeing the two "idiots", as I called them, standing there with the villagers looking at them from the side lines. When they all ducked and ran to take shelter, scared. As three big creatures with big bat wings flew to the village. They were interesting in my opinion, I was not scared of them, the thought of Dracula or his brides wasn't freighting to me. Unlike everyone else in the village who was terrified of them. The three creatures began to transform into three beautiful girls. A blonde haired woman in yellow and white, a black haired woman in white and a red head woman in pink. The long red hair of the one woman made me think of my own messy red auburn curls.  The brides of Dracula had come. Next thing I knew the man, woman and three vampires began to fight, but every time the sun shone through the clouds, the vampires would hide inside the buildings to avoid death.

I heard a crash from downstairs and fled for the broom closet, I wasn't scared of looking at them from a distance but them talking to me would be terrifying, I'm not fearless and a bit shy. But with my luck I'd probably be found and killed, and lately I was wondering if dying was better than sitting lonely in an orphanage, day after day.

I heard light footsteps creep up the stairs slowly. I guess a ran to hard for the broom closet,

Or they could smell me.

My heart beat hard in my chest as sweat started to dampen my forehead, the closet was stuffy and hot, different from the chilly autumn outside.

I listened to the footsteps come into and walk around the room, the person, or vampire, sounded as if they were looking for something...or someone. Holding my ear against and leaning on the door, the footsteps came closer and closer until I couldn't hear them anymore. I assumed then that they had left after standing, listening for a moment.

But the door swung open and I fell face first on the floor, looking up to see a young woman with long bright red wavy hair and wearing a long silky looking light pink dress. It was one of Dracula's brides.
She grinned at me and said, "I can smell you."

I stared at her in fear and as she stepped away from me, I slowly got to my feet without taking my eyes of her; I found them a bit mesmerizing.

"What a pretty thing you are" She said smiling, "What's your name child?"

" T. " I blurted out.

She looked kind of confused, "What? T? Just T?"

"Y...Yes. N...No one knows my real name I was left here with a piece of paper that just said "T" on it, so that's what they called me." I told her.

She came closer to me, "I can smell the blood rushing thorough your veins"

I squeezed my eyes shut ready for her to drain every last drop of blood from my body and end my suffering. But it never came and the vampire whispered gently in my ear.

"Maybe I won't kill you" She told me.

"You won't?"  I asked, opening my eyes in shock.

"No," she grinned "I have a better idea."

"What?"

"I will not suck every ounce of blood out of your body but only if you help me get ride of Miss Anna, down there"

I looked down, out of the window at Anna Valerious, she was tall, skinny and had long wavy black hair, she was very pretty.

"And I bet my lord will love having a little girl"

"But how would I get her?" I asked her, trying to ignore her last comment.

"Oh you wont get her today, darling"

"What do you mean?"

She grinned and another bride with a white dress and long straight black hair crashed thorough the window and transformed back to her pretty form, "Aleera," she said "Marshika is stalling him, we must find Ann..' She stopped short looking at me, Aleera standing behind me.

"Who's this?" She asked.

"Verona, this is T and I think that she will make..." Aleera whispered the rest into Verona's ear, the idea settled in Verona and they both grinned eviliy at me.

"Well, T" Aleera said coming closer to me, "would you like to leave this place?"

Before I could answer a woman from outside screamed in pain.

"Marishka!" Verona yelled "Grab the girl we must leave" She transformed and crashed through the roof and outside.

Aleera looked at me and said as she held out her hand, "Are you coming or not?"

I looked at her hand thought I have no family and nothing to lose. I grabbed her hand and she dragged me towards the window, she ran through it and transformed still holding to me. Her and Verona moaned in sadness seeing Marishka, I think, falling to ashes because she had been pelted by arrows dipped in holy water. The two winged creatures fled the village, returing to Dracula's Castle, as Van Helsing shot arrows at us.