Chapter 4: Noticed

Luke Mitchell as JaseHays. Due to Copyright, several blurbs have been removed from the story, where they are missing, it will say (MISSING BLURB). Purchase the book on amazon under: The Girl That Burst by Veronica Soliman.

-----------------------------------------------------

(MISSING BLURB)

"Oh, wow, can I get a picture with you though?"

"Actually I'm kind of in a rush to meet my... sister in Colorado, she's giving birth in a few hours and I need to be there to witness it all and help her out for a few months." I lied casually and smiled politely, handing the lady a fifty and taking the overpriced ticket as I made my way to the train just as it was arriving.

I walked in, pretending to blend in, but was caught in the act.

"Hey, aren't you Carnegie's fiancé?" A stranger asked, speaking what was on the minds of thirty other people.

"No, I get that a lot though, it's nice to look like a celebrity I guess." I smiled as the strangers stopped caring, I had just gotten engaged merely hours ago and it seemed like the whole world knew.

"All aboard, this train leaves the station in ten minutes, we are a bit behind schedule." A man yelled through a speaker as I grabbed my hoodie and wrapped it around my head. No need to get noticed anymore.

I took a seat beside a little girl who appeared to be about five years old.

"Hi!" She said, annoyingly excited.

"Hi," I said, staring at the wall across from me. There was a small television plastered every few seats down. I silently watched the commercial as the little girl beside me talked up a storm.

"Are you Eleanor? Because my mom was watching TV and she said that you were very pretty. But she said that Adam deserved better. My mom says you're a gold digger and Adam is too good for you." My jaw almost dropped. Was it on TV?

"No, sorry kid. My name is Riley Pierce. " I replied.

"But you look just like her." The kid pushed as I smiled slightly and ignored her.

"Yeah? And you look like Beyoncé." I stated, somewhat nervous that she'd reveal my identity to the fifty strangers boarding the train station. The commercial changed into the video of me in my short white princess dress from earlier, my makeup perfectly done and my hair in beautiful curls. I wanted to puke as I watched the angle switch from the tears streaming down my eyes to Adam's glossy eyes. We looked like a young couple in love, even though I could feel disgusted radiating off of my current appearance.

"I don't know who that is." The annoying brat next to me announced.

"Don't you have a mom or dad to go talk to?" I erupted, my patience had worn off completely. Same old Eleanor.

"My. . ." She began as tears began rolling down her eyes, I merely stared at her, uncaring, heartless, "parents died." She said. My heart froze, my eyes widened and I had no clue what to do. What do you do when someone tells you they have no parents anymore.

I remained silent, wishing I had brought my phone.

"Wow, you made the poor girl cry within five minutes, I'd say that's some sort of achievement." A familiar voice said as I turned to face him.

"Jase! What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, fear surging through me, "did you bring your phone?" I asked.

"I was in the backseat of your car. And yeah why?"