Chapter 26: Eleanor's Way

He threw me onto the bed as we hungrily kissed. I leaned into him as he trailed his lips down my neck. I arched my back and wrapped my arms around his neck.

Within seconds, his shirt was off and tossed randomly across the floor. I reached for the belt buckle on his pants, but he suddenly stopped, staring right in the eye with his brown ones and willing me to stop.

When you want to say no, but your heart's saying yes. I immediately thought as I pulled him closer and began kissing him.

"Okay." He breathed finally, tossing off his shoes and putting a knee between my legs. We were lying on the bed now, not even a centimeter of space between us and at the moment I thought he would finally give in; he stopped.

I muttered curses under my breath as he stood up and walked away, without another word. Who the hell tells someone they love them and makes out with them and then just leaves them.

I'll tell you who? The properly insane maniac I married.

"Adam." I quietly say, following behind him. He walked down the stairs of his mansion silently and stiffened in place. What the hell?

"Adam," I said again, cautiously stepping towards him as he remained planted to the floor.

"Shit." I heard him say. Did he just curse? Adam never curses? What the heck? Did some bug get into him and infect him. Maybe he is bipolar. Yup, that's it. He is definitely bipolar.

"Adam. Talk to me." I murmured, placing a hand softly on his shoulder. He turned around slowly and met me with his beautiful warm brown eyes. Except, they were no longer warm. A darkness had surrounded his every feature as he seemed to be glaring at me now.

"I have to go for a while. . . I won't be back until next month." He said with a mournful look in his eye," but that wasn't what I was going to say?"

"What were you going to say then?"

His face turned into a scowl, an angry glint in his eye. "We will talk later Eleanor. I have to leave tonight."

"Just tell me!" I whined somewhat annoyed.

He looked at me for a few seconds, his eyes unmoving from my face as he contemplated whether to tell me something or not. Just spit it out for goodness sake! I was so confused. I wish he would just tell me what he was feeling and why this randomly came up moments before we were finally going to do it.

"I. . . Can I trust you, Eleanor? Because I feel like I truly can't. I feel like if I turn my back for a second then you will just go to your old habits of finding some guy for something as stupid as sex. It's all about sex with you. It's like you're a fucking robot who doesn't take much persuasion to be controlled. It's fucking crazy and I have to put myself out there for you to actually pay attention to me when you're not around with some strangers who just so happen to be extremely into you.

"You don't understand what you mean to me and how much it hurts to see you like this." He said, his tone slightly louder than normal. Since when did he start cussing? Most girls would just ignore what he'd said and be for his beautiful forgiveness, but not me. I went to Stanford to become a lawyer. My dad owns a law firm, there is no way in hell I could just stay silent.

I crossed my arms tightly and pursed my lips. I did realize that all he was saying was because he cared about me. But he should have reworded it and said it nicer. I can't stay silent for another second as I stare at his chocolate pools for eyes.

"See me like what Adam? Because last time I checked, I didn't ask to get married. I didn't even know you. Hell, I didn't even love you and why the hell would you marry me? Me of all people if you think I'm so bad then why do it!" I felt tears streak down my cheeks.