Chapter 50: Sensual

"Eleanor, I saw the news, is our child safe?"

"I'm not pregnant." I told Vladimir as he seemed to shift in his seat. The line went silent for a second.

"Damn it!" I heard him shout. I glanced at the letter in my hand as Noah sat across from me in his and Pure's home. He glanced at me worriedly and then got up and walked to the kitchen.

"I'm not sure I ever was." I said calmly, "So there you go. I have no affiliation with you besides those stupid videos." I couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy. But maybe he could have kids with someone else. The Claiming Porn Industry wasn't going to die out anyway, not in the USA at least. And he was still very young, I was sure he could procreate with someone else.

"I have to go." I heard him say in a low growl before hanging up. It was almost midnight, a quarter past eleven and I had been sitting here with the unopened envelope in my hand.

I wanted to open it, to see if I couldn't have kids. But I shut my eyes instead and tossed it outside.

My eyes popped out of their socket as they landed on the news program in front of me.

The screen was so lively as my face appeared telling the reporters to back the hell out of my life.

"You okay?" Noah asked, approaching me with a cup of tea in his hand. Pure joined us moments later as I nodded and looked back at the screen.

As the reporters continued to talk, my eyes were glued to the line of words at the bottom of the screen.

Hank Carnegie charges have been dropped.

I couldn't believe my eyes and I had so very much hoped it was a hallucination. Did I even have those anymore.

Pure turned up the volume as fear seemed to fill everyone up.

"Eleanor Carnegie was spotted earlier today walking out of what some report as Dr. Scott's office, an OB-GYN. No record has been reported to confirm anything, but some may say that Eleanor may be pregnant." The woman said as the camera turned to an image of Dr. Scott.

"I can neither confirm nor deny these news. Get away from my office!" Dr. Scott said, shooing the men with her arms. I chuckled at this and an image of Hank Carnegie smiling and shaking hands with our president appeared.

"In other news, sources say that Hank Carnegie had all charges against him dropped, which were a lot. A presidential pardon has let this man out of jail and back on the streets. Earlier today, he was seen outside Carnegie Hall shaking hands speaking with several people. Is Hank really a menace if the president himself pardoned him?" The woman said and I felt my heart sink. I began hypervebtalating and my heart began to race.

My mind swam with confusion as I fell on the ground.

"Eleanor!" Pure and Noah both hopped out of their seats to help me.

"I... I'm fine. I need to get home tonight. I... Thank you guys so much, I'm so grateful." I said, my voice sounding rushed as I grabbed my phone and called Adam.

Maybe that's why he was calling earlier, maybe he didn't want to startle me with the news. My chest ached in wanting as I realized how much he had already protect me from any pain of this world.

I shut my eyes, waiting to hear his soft voice. Voicemail. Maybe his phone was off.

A million thoughts swam through my mind as I quickly ran outside.

"I can drive you to the airport, Eleanor, you're not alone, please calm down." Pure said as she hugged me. I nodded, feeling like a tornado had come and swept me out of Earth and into a strange planet where everything seemed to be going wrong.

I sat in Pure's car as we arrived at the airport. Money was no object to me and I needed to get home quickly.

"Thank you!" I hugged her, purpodeky leaving a couple hundred dollars in her car. From the look of her home, they seemed like they might need the money.

I quickly rushed inside. I had only brought my purse with me and the unopened envelope that Dr. Scott had given me.

"Hi, I need a flight to New Jersey now," I said as the woman behind the desk stared at her computer with the most bored expression ever.

"The earliest flight isn't until tomorrow morning at 4 a.m." She said. I groaned, I already had that flight.

"Anything sooner?" I stared at her.

"Not unless you want to make a stop in Washington then head around the country there. I don't think so." She finally looked up at me and shock filled her face. She looked like she had seen a ghost.

"Mrs. Carnegie, I could arrange a private flight for you." She said, looking at me with a fear stricken face. "I am so sorry for my earlier attitude, its been a long day."

"Same here." I agreed as she quickly printed a ticket for me and pointed me to the direction I needed to go.

I impatiently waited for the airplane to take off, it would take a couple of hours to get there.

The envelope inside my bag was screaming at me to be opened, it felt like a burning sensation that kept trying to lure me in.

I sat silently until the roar of the envelope screamed at me and I quickly pulled it from my purse. There were still a few more hours left until I would get to see Adam, I wanted to know what the hell was wrong with me.

The airplane shook and what I thought was turbulence turned into a heavy storm. We must be halfway there. Probably passing through Oklahoma above an actual tornado.

I shut my eyes, a discomfort welling inside me. I glanced at my phone, knowing my heart couldn't take anything right now.

"Do it." I encouraged myself as I grabbed the envelope. I slowly opened it with wild eyes as I searched the page.

I couldn't understand anything until I read the doctor's note written below.

Healthy. Fertile. Great bloodwork.

Out of all the darkness that had come from today, a sliver of light had made it's way through to me. I hugged the paper tightly.

Then something occurred to me. I couldn't believe myself but it must have been true.

I suddenly felt really sick.