Chapter 6: Wedding Flowers

I stood beside the tall woman claiming to be Adam's mom, she looked like she could be at most thirty years old.

"You look absolutely gorgeous." She grinned widely as she stepped aside to let me look at myself in the mirror. I looked like a bride. My blonde hair giving the effect of pure innocence. A new look for me.

"Wow, Eleanor looks like Adam knows how to pick 'em." His older sister grinned at me. Did she know about the contract? I smiled in return, unwilling to show my true feelings toward this idea of an arranged marriage, leaving me with no other choice.

"You look gorgeous," his mom interjected, why couldn't he be as kind as these two?

I stepped away from the mirror, unable to speak another word, my eyes resting on the ground.

What happened to me? What happened to the Eleanor who went after what she wanted and spoke her mind when she felt like it? She was gone, along with her asshole of an ex-boyfriend, Christian Anderson.

"Well the wedding ceremony starts in twenty minutes, it's best if we get you in the limousine now." I nodded at his mom's request as I quietly began walking down the stairs.

"He's a great guy Eleanor, and I'm glad he's marrying you," His sister said as we reached the end of the staircases of his multi-story house. Earlier today, I had gotten my entire body waxed, which hurt like hell, and was forced to shower while several strangers rushed me and forced me to stand in the nude while they 'fixed' me.

My eyes landed on a familiar figure standing beside the door of the mansion, tears crept into my eyes as I ran into Jase's arms.

"Woah there, don't want to crumple that dress now do you?" Jase said, kissing my cheek, "good luck today kid." He laughed, knowing I hated it when he made me feel inferior. I gave him a worried look, I can't. I thought as he began patting my back.

"Sometimes we just have to do stuff for others whether we like it or not, that's how life works El, it's not fair most of the time. But give him a chance, you deserve happiness and he could be yours." Jase whispered rubbing my back like when we were kids. "Besides, I read somewhere that arranged marriages last longer than regular ones." My brother hugged me tightly. He was always such a great guy who would hopefully find the girl of his dreams someday.

"I love you Jase, thanks for being here today." I smiled against his shirt, holding back tears as to not ruin the makeup that took them hours to apply. I mean, they'd probably made it waterproof, but I can't be too sure.

"Love you too El, and your fiancé invited us here, Pure and Noah and mom and dad and Brad are here too."

I smiled a bit, backing away from Jason and I turned my attention back to Adam's mom, nodding as she led me out and into the large ride waiting to take me to wherever I would be getting married, hopefully at a church at least. But I knew none of this wedding was under my wishes or plans so it truly didn't matter where I wed since I would divorce the man soon after anyway.

"Sweetheart! I'm so proud of you. I wish you and Adam Carnegie the best." Dad emphasized the Carnegie name, giving me a warning look, sure to keep up appearances. What appearances would even need to be kept inside a limousine with all my friends inside? Maybe he thought I hadn't told them.

I sat quietly avoiding looking at my parents as we arrived at the area they were doing the ceremony. It was beautiful and thankfully a church. It was huge with a pattern of white and pink roses around it. I wondered what it looked like inside.

I had a new plan. I would say no when the priest asked if I wanted to be with Adam forever, that would be embarrassing, but I was all out of ideas for avoiding this wedding.