The Cut

The blonde haired Italian above, is Alonso, it took me a while to find a picture of what I imagined him to be. So I finally found it! Anyway, on with the chapter. Sorry for any typo's! ~Bella~ :-)

Angelo's P.O.V

The fucking lights cut out. Now from coming to this restaurant countless of times, it is too well run for there to be a power-cut inside this building. Therefore, the sudden cut in electricity only led my mind to conclude in one thing.

Bonado's men had tracked us down. I had to get Alessa out of here, and fast.

Over the shrieks and yells of the women and waitresses. I quickly and blindly reached over the table and grabbed Alessa's hand causing her to let out a yelp.

Pulling her up and towards me, I brought her close to my side before leaning down and whispering in her ear to make sure she didn't freak out.

"We're getting out of here, keep hold of my hand and stay close to me," I whispered quickly, only seeing a slight nod of Alessa's head in the darkness, I pulled out my gun from my jean pocket and hastily pulled Alessa along in an escape to get out of here as fast as I could.

My goal was to make sure Alessa didn't get hurt or witness something that might send her mind into shock. She wasn't born introduced to the Mafia life, she was hidden away like a scared object , not be touched by our corrupt society and maybe never even socialize with our business unknowingly.

Weaving through the frenzied crowd, as the while desperately grabbing Alessa's soft hand ,making sure she doesn't get swept away in the violent crowd. Men holding onto their partners in desperation while they tried to get out as fast as they could while single woman pushing frenziedly through the crowd with the only intention on getting out of the restaurant.

The, a gunshot echoed through the room, only causing more yells and screams to erupt from the crazy crowd as I briefly saw in the darkness, a body drop to the floor.

I didn't have time to check if she was alive or dead, I had to get out of here, and now.

Pushing harder, I broke through the other side of the crowd and made a sprint for the glass doors.

The sun was now setting, giving the sky a mixture of oranges and reds, while echoing screams came from the restaurant as others ran out and jumped into their cars.

Pulling Alessa across the road, I quickly unlocked the car before ushering her inside and literally running around the bonnet of my car and sliding in, and at the speed of light, I shoved the keys into the car and sped off . Alessa clutching the side of the dashboard for her dear life.

Quickly flipping out my phone , I dialled Alonso on the Bluetooth connected to my car.

After brief moments of the phone ring echoing through the car , a breathless yet agitated Alonso coming through on the other line.

"This better be important, I was kinda in the middle of something," he growled through the phone, causing me to smirk before taking a sharp swerve around a corner.

"I have no wish to know who you were just fucking Alonso, but we have a Bonado situation, I send you the restaurant address, I expect the situation to be sorted out when I get down there tomorrow morning," I said, my voice stern yet I had the biggest smirk plastered on my face at the agitation Alonso was probably feeling.

"Yeah, whatever, see you tomorrow," he mumbled before he hung up.

Letting out a slow chuckle, I checked the rear mirror to see the road completely barren, no cars were following us that I was aware of. Slowing down the car, I relaxed in my seat a little, but still alert just in case a car did manage to serve around the corner at any moment.

Turning to Alessa, she was probably the colour of a sheet of paper, making me feel a little sorry for her, she wasn't used to handle situations like these, she probably didn't know how to.

"They're not following , its ok," I said softly before cringing slightly, I rarely ever use a soft tone apart from with my sister and mother, it made me wonder what effect this women could have on me.

I watched Alessa slowly relax a little , but from the way she was holding her shoulder's, she was still on edge, only wanting me to pull her close until she relaxed in my arms.

I quickly mentally slapped myself, now was not the time for love, even though the goal was to get her to marry me.

The only question was how....

Alessa didn't seem her confident self on the journey back home, she only stared out the window, not speaking at all, not wanting to put her in any more anxiety I kept quiet, she probably wanted some time to mull over the situation she had just been in.

Sighing, I pulled into the driveway of my house, the porch light already on and illuminating the driveway and stone steps.

Shutting off the engine , I turned to Alessa to open my mouth before closing it to only get out of the car and wander around to her side and open it for her.

Slowly she slid out of the leather seat, standing she only reached the centre of my chest, making her seem all so more fragile and innocent to me.

Looking up, her large emerald eyes , mixed with he colour of the sky, stared up at me, her eyes full of worry and anxiety I had never seen her show me before, even during the time she had woken up from her injury induced coma.

Without hesitation, I quickly pulled her close, wrapping my large arms around her waist. She even felt so small and delicate compared to me, like a flower, she could be crushed so easily. And I couldn't let our corrupt society do that to her, but I felt I couldn't protect her from it all.

She stiffened slightly, before she relaxed, her head leaning into my chest, as she small arms wrapped around my waist, gripping onto me tightly as if I would leave her if she let go.

Tucking my chin on top of her head , I spoke, "You're safe now, no one can harm you here, Alonso and my men have gone down their to find out if the men are still there," I spoke quietly.

Gripping me tighter, she spoke with a quiet timid voice, "I know, but I'm afraid that this world will become my life, and I don't know if I could handle that, I watched a woman be shot, its like reality just slapped be across the face," she said, giving a small chuckle I released her to only hold her at arms length.

"Once this is over, I promise you will get your life back," I said to her, my eyes searching her, mine only reflecting a genuine promise, even though she is tied to me now, I will do everything it takes to make sure she gets the majority of her life back.

Nodding, she pulled completely away from me, and walking side by side, we walking up silently up the steps before I opened the large oak door to only lock it once we were both in.

Turning to her, she gave a small smile, "I'm going to bed, night Angelo," she said before turing and walking slowly up the stairs, her hair now out of its bun and making a veil around her face obscuring my view of her face.

"Night," I mumbled, before slipping off my shoes and throwing my keys onto the counter to only slouch onto the sofa, hanging my head in my hands.

What was this woman doing to me?

I knew in order for her to fall for me, I had to let her in.

But I was afraid, I was afraid that if I happened to fall for her in the process, she'll play me like she did.

There was a reason why I built a wall around my heart, because if that situation happened again, I don't think I would come out the same again. I had been broken once, I didn't want it to happen again.

Going to bed that night, my mind was racing with thoughts, I didn't know what to do, whether to turn down Alessandro's plan and leave him to deal with it himself, or actually take a hit at getting Alessa to fall in love with me to marry me.

Until then, I had to sort out my own past.

The only problem was, I didn't know how to.....

***********

Sorry for the short chapter, I have exams coming up, but I want to keep updating! So until next time! Bye, hope you enjoyed this update.

~Bella~ XXX