Mio Amore: My Love

IMPORTANT A/N: I have a new book out!

Alessa's P.O.V

Where am I?

My mind felt so heavy, I felt so cold. I heard muffled noises echo through my mind, like a vacant space. I felt hollow, like an empty shell washed up on sand.

First, I felt a warmth tingling through my fingertips, a tightness of something clenching tightly onto it, almost desperately.

The noises slowly became clearer and more distinctive, a feminine voice and a male one, but they both sounded familiar, yet my mind drew a blank trying to recollect any thought.

It felt like I had a full case a pins and needles through my body, everything was returning to me gradually. My limbs still felt heavy and stiff, like they hadn't been used in days.

A low groan echoed loudly in my ears, followed by a quick and silent gasp from the occupant beside me. Soon realising it was me who groaned, my body attempting to wake itself up.

"Wake up Angelo, she's waking up," the feminine voice whispered beside me, her voice scratchy and raspy.

Angelo....
Angelo.
Angelo!

My mind spun as a thousand memories and thoughts swarmed my mind. Familiar faces, moments and actions cramming into my mind like a film on repeat. A hurricane of emotions swept through me, hammering into my erratically beating heart. Yet names to images didn't click within my mind.

The final image that seemed to flash before my closed lids, a searing image crashed into my mind, a tidal wave of intense emotion.

His ragged face, dirtied and bloodied from the fight, a fight he won. Matted hair falling in front of fear stricken blue orbs, the seas of torment raging within. Moving lips without sound rapidly moving, but everything was mute. A familiar slender hand reaching up to cup his roughed face- MY hand. The silent whisper of what I thought to be my last words.

I love you...
Angelo.

My eyelids slowly cracked open, light flooding my eyesight, almost burning and blinding me in the process.

Groaning again, my hands flew to my eyes, blocking out the excessive light from invading my mind again.

"Alessa?" A soft voice called, I wanted to open my eyes to see who called my voice in such tenderness.

A hand squeezed my hand, warmth seeping into my cold skin.

I felt my face scrunch up as I opened my eyes, a bright white ceiling being the first thing I saw.

Blinking rapidly, my eyes regained focus as they flickered around the room, scanning of what was a hospital room. The distinct smell of disinfectant attacking my nose.

"Alessa," the voice called, my head slowly turned to a blonde woman, large wide eyes staring at me. Her hair unruly and unkept, bags hung from her seemingly bright and tired eyes. Her pale lips held a smile as trails of hot tears leaked down her porcelain face.

My brows furrowed as I took in the male behind her, both familiar yet unfamiliar all at the same time. He too had rugged blonde hair, familiar warmth radiating from his brightened eyes.

My head turned in the opposite direction, from where I felt presence beside me. A heated stare from across the room.

My eyes clashed with two dark swirling orbs, trapping me in a enchanted hold. Dark eyelashes framed the hypnotic two, contrasting against his tanned skin and dark hair. His appearance was rugged, his chiseled jawline layered in thick subtle and was in need of a shave. A familiar scar streaked across his jaw, adding more familiarity to the face.