Mind Numbingly Numb

Alessa's P.O.V

My body felt numb, yet afire all at the same time. My mind wandering in the familiar darkness and isolation.

Far away voices called my name, yet I felt too tired to reply, to follow the voice that called out pleadingly as I felt feather light touches against my skin.

I couldn't remember how I got here, floating in oblivion. My mind drew blank when I tried to recall any recollection of memory.

I don't know how long I had been drifting through the numbing darkness.

All I remember is pain when I arrived, searing pain that reverberated through my body like a pulsating wave. A twisting agony, as if the fires of hell themselves were twisting through my body.

The voices were louder back then, more distinctive and somewhat recognisable, one voice caused a pain and longing that I couldn't place .But a part of my mind knew who was calling me, yet didn't have the energy to recall and respond to the desperate voice that soon faded away.

That, pain soon faded, replaced by a cold empty feeling, like a washed up shell. I stopped hearing the voices for a while, deep down I feared that I wouldn't hear them again, but another half forgot to care.

No warmth filled me anymore, it was replaced by a numbing cold bite, but that soon became the normal.

I felt that with the passing time, I slipped further into my dark oblivion.

And I feared I couldn't get out.

Angelo's P.O.V

Beep... Beep... Beep

The sound was echoing inside my mind with every passing agonising second. My eyes bore down on the woman that laid motionless on the bed before me, looking like a science experiment as tubes and wires branched off her hollowing limbs.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I was Alessa's chest rise and fall, my mind paranoid that it would stop at any moment, fate being cruel to tear her away.

She had been in this coma like sleep for the past  13 days. The doctor told me that if they woke up her, she would be in agony, and possibly send her mind into more shock than it already was.

Yet seeing her pale and shell like broke a piece of my heart away each day.

All because I couldn't protect her from my world that I promised I would protect her from.

The memory of the moment flashed before my eyes whenever I tried to sleep, like a haunting memory.

That moment passed in slow motion, my eyes transfixed on the relief ridden expression, a bright smile that cleared all my worries. A smile that I would die for. Then watching it twist into agony and shock before collapsing limply to the floor, blood seeping through her right shoulder, reality hitting me with full force.

Behind her was Teresa, her psychotic expression beaming with a twisted satisfactory grin. My pain replaced by a white flash of anger, my gun instantly aiming to her head, before my fingers pulled the trigger with no hesitation.

Shaking my head clear of the flashing images, my fingers brushed against her cold yet soft hand, my eyes trailing down her body, wishing to hold her in my embrace, wanting to whisper the same words she said to me before she slipped into her cold subconscious.

I love you...

I brought her knuckles up to my lips, brushing them against my lips, hoping she could feel my warm touch, somehow awaken from her sleep and let me see those bright eyes that made my toes curl, the smile that made my stomach flip, the voice that made my heart melt at a single utter of a word.

I felt a hand land on my shoulder, glancing up, I noticed Alonso looking down on me with a sad expression flies to his face.

"Alessa's parents are here, we have to step out for a moment," he murmured, his eyes drifting over to Alessa, agony hazing his usual bright eyes, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down as he swallowed.

When the doctors announced they had to put Alessa into a coma due to the shock that caused some trauma to her body, Alonso blamed himself for letting her come find me. He didn't speak to me for weeks, he couldn't even come visit Alessa, I knew it wasn't his fault, but comforting something that wouldn't help, not when I couldn't comfort myself.

Ali, her best friend, was in day in and day out, sometimes visiting with me or Alessa's parents. Blue bloodshot eyes and matted blonde locks became her everyday look.

I hadn't spoken to Alessa's parents that much since being here. I always felt a guilt surge within me whenever I looked into Alessandro's eyes, hearing the echoing promise to protect his only daughter flood my mind.

I failed him.
I failed her family.
I failed her best friend.
I failed myself.

But most of all...

I failed her...

***********************
Hiya! Sorry I haven't been active with writing for so long, I was in New York for a week and only got back Monday, then I went back to school the next day. New year and lots of work to do.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter ! If you did don't forget to;

Vote
Comment
Follow

See you all in the next chapter! Bella ~💖