I Get Burned

Raya's POV

Three days on a ship doesn't actually sound that bad. And it isn't. But when you've got the eternally idiotic Yosaku and Johnny, famous pirate hunters, with you, you're very prepared to leap overboard and swim in the other direction.

And that's how it's been. For the last three days, those two baka have been getting on every last one of my nerves. They dance around like fools, call out "BIG BROTHER ZORO" every two seconds, and ignore every last dirty look I send their way. At one point yesterday, I actually did jump up onto the railing, fully prepared to jump into the ocean and drown mysef, but nooo, Zoro just had to drag me back.

So now I want revenge.

Currently, I'm on their tiny ship, which is attatched to ours by a rope or two. It trails behind us like that toilet paper that sticks to the bottom of your shoe. It's unsightly, but I can't get rid of it, or Luffy would get mad. He actually likes Yosaku and Johnny, God knows why. Well, the three of them are on the same I.Q. level, so I guess it makes sense.

Anyway, it's morning, like really early in the morning. I'm the only person up, and this is pretty normal. Everyone likes to sleep for a long, long time, but I've been getting up at the crack of dawn every day since I was little. My parents would always get annoyed when I burst into their room, way before the sun was high enough in the sky to light up their windows, and start shouting that I wanted breakfast.

I was a cute kid.

I chuckle nastily as I spot the pirate hunters, laying in strange positions on the deck. Both of them are passed out, snoring like chainsaws.

Alright, let's do this.

I hold the paint bottle in my hand, glad Usopp packed some permanent paint supplies. Snickering like a fool, I unscrew the cap, holding it over Johnny's head. I start to tilt the bottle, the thick liquid sliding out of the opening--

"What are you doing?"

I jump, jerking the paint bottle, and the glop of paint that I'd aimed for Johnny's hair sails right onto my shirt. "Dammit!" I curse lowly, pulling at my shirt to see how bad the stain. Aw man, it's so noticeable! I'll have to toss this!

I glare up at the stern of the Going Merry, where a lone figure stands, yawning in the pale morning light. I stalk over to the bow of Yosaku and Johnny's ship, cursing fluidly and repeatedly under my breath. I'm not usually this high strung, this easy to anger, but these two have been getting on my nerves for way too long, and I can't help it.

"Dammit, Zoro!" I half-yell, still determined to not wake any of the others. "You ruined my shirt!"

"How'd I ruin it?" he asks, giving me a sleepy glare. It isn't very threatening.

"You startled me, and my hand jerk! So it's your fault!"

"You gonna make me buy you a new one or something?"

"Of course not," I mutter, screwing the cap back onto the paint bottle. "I'm just pissed at you."

"Wait, so you aren't going to act like Nami?" he asks, a little bewildered. I blink at him, confused. "What's that supposed to mean?" I ask, but he only shakes his head. "Thank God," I hear him say. "At least we don't have two money-crazed women on the crew."

Money-crazed?

Whatever.

Putting aside the matter of my ruined shirt for the time being, I grab onto the rope tying their ship to ours and begin to crawl up, hand over hand. When I reach the stern of the Going Merry, I throw my legs over the railing and jump down, making not one sound as my feet connect with the deck. I throw a look over my shoulder at the still sleeping forms of Yosaku and Johnny, very much tempted to sever the line connecting our ships, but deciding against it.