The Real Fight Begins

Hello readers! Sorry this book sorta went on hiatus for a month. I was worrying over school (still kinda am) and I have a ton of other stories I need to update. But I started thinking about book two (which I already have a name for) and it got me excited to I really want to hurry up and move on to Sabaody. To do that, I'll need to get through Enies Lobby (and Thriller Bark, but that's besides the point) That also means there will be time skips. I'm sorry if this upsets you, but as the author I have free reign to do what I choose with the story. And if that sounds conceited in any way shape or form, again I'm sorry because that's not what I'm going for.

But thank you to anyone who's stuck with me this long! Destined for Flames would be nothing without my wonderful readers and Raya would have never met the Straw Hats!

~~~

Is it bad I'm beginning to hate Zoro? 

I mean, we almost die because the goddamn Marines close the main gate on us before Rocket Man can get through, Zoro orders the frog to push it down (which he somehow does successfully) and then as we're raging up the new "ramp" and most of us (Chopper, Nami and Sogeking) are screaming our heads off about how this is never gonna work and we're gonna die, he answers with, "Leave it.... to luck."

He's insane. Granted, so are most if not all of the Straw Hats, myself included. But this... this... it takes everything to a new level. 

"Dammit man, how the hell are you even standing?!" I demand as I shakily climb to my feet, arms spread for the balance I utterly lost during our crash landing just inside the gates Paulie and the others were supposed to open for us. I feel bad; they really didn't have an impact on us even though they risked their lives to help.

Zoro smirks at me over his shoulder. "I would have a thought a demon would have a better tolerance for pain than that."

"Raya-chan~! Are you alright~?" Sanji, who's standing just beside Zoro, watching the crowd of people standing bewteen us and the rest of Enies Lobby, sings, doing a little manly twirl.

"Save it, Dartboard Brow," I growl, dusting myself off. Dammit, they nearly ruined my leather jacket with all this damn smoke and dirt. "You're no better than the Swordsman, for Kami's sake!"

His face falls and he rounds on Zoro, screaming obscenities I don't care to hear, giving me the opportunity to scramble around the wreckage to help out my less-lucky nakama. As I'm helping Chopper stand, I hear a few shouts from the baddies' side.

"Hey! I've heard of that Swordsman! He's the Straw hat's underling, Pirate Hunter Zoro!"

I snicker to myself. Underling! Priceless! As is Sanji's comment on the matter:

"Heheheh, they called you an underling."

"That's still better than being the nameless Pirate 'A'," Zoro shoots back passively.

"What'd you say?!"

"Fine. 'B' then."

"Damn you! If I get a bounty, I'll be worth twice as much as you!"

"Unlikely," I mutter, turning to look back at Sogeking, still on his knees and looking as though he plans to stay there for a while.

He winces as he shifts his weight, trying to stand up. "Ow!" Catching sight of Zoro and Sanji's bickering, he adds, "Hey! Stop fighting!"

Aw, good ol' Usopp.

"Don't mind them, Sogeking," Chopper assures the frantic sniper, smiling that adorable little smile of his. It's a bit infectious, and I find myself grinning without realizing it. That is, until I hear: