Fire Power

Raya's POV

Honoo's flaming tail gently brushes over my cheeks, evaporating any stray tears that have managed to leak out after her grand entrance. She then nudges me with a paw, prompting me to shake out my numb limbs and haul myself into a sitting position, the effects of Kalifa's disgusting "attack" wearing off with every tongue of flame Honoo licks over my body.

I never thought I would have the pleasure of saying this, but I am very glad my best friend is really a giant fiery tigress on the inside.

...C'mon. Who else can say that and not get shipped off to the nearest psych ward? I'm pretty damn awesome, you have to admit it.

And even if you don't want to, I'm just gonna shove it down your throat until you say Uncle.

Ahem. Getting back on track.

Hooking an arm around Honoo's crackling neck, I'm hoisted to my feet with only the minimal amount of effort required. She lets me brace a palm against her shoulder as I steady myself, shaking the fleeting numbness from my limbs while I silently enjoy the rather constipated look that's overtaken Kalifa's face. She's dumbstruck, and I can't blame her. Really, if you can remain perfectly poised and calm after your enemy's sword's lifeforce is manifested in the form of a roaring tigress shaped by undulating flames... you deserve a spot on Luffy's crew.

The fire of adrenaline has once again invaded my veins, pushing at the limits of how much energy I can contain beneath my feverish tan skin. Honoo (the battered blade) now resides securely in its place at my hip, as I've no real need of a lifeless sword in this situation. Plus, there's still the bothersome fact that the sword is more brittle than tempered glass and might very well shatter at the next impact.

I don't have a clue what would happen to Honoo's spirit if her "vessel" was destroyed, and I don't wanna find out anytime soon.

"Alright," I drawl, cracking my knuckles ominously in the silence that crowds the room, "I'm feeling better. Strength isn't at 100%, but I'm getting there. Little more time and I'll be top-notch again." I lower myself into a feral stance, fluorescent coils of flame winding around my flexing fingers. My smirk is absolutely ferocious. "Not like I need I need to be, though, when I'm running on rage."

Reacting quickly to my shift in temperament, Kalifa floods the room with her maddening bubbles, a triumphant smirk pulling at her graceful (bitchy) features; but it's all of one measly second before the cold weight of reality presses her lips into a look bordering on fear, but still firmly in the realm of indignation.

Honoo roars like a goddamn crack of thunder and fire engulfs the room, tendrils of flame ripping free from her throat and searing the bubbles into a light mist that dissipates quickly in the blistering air.

One shot, and Kalifa's Devil Fruit powers bid us a heart adieu

I am loving the new Honoo. Though, to be fair, this has been Honoo. She just only recently felt the need (or necessity) to show me now. I'd be pissed if I wasn't so enamored with her effortless beauty.

I've said before I see the elegance in my powers, see the beauty and the grace. But I've also said I see equally the ugliness of destruction and terror these flames can cause. 

But, seeing Honoo, so brutal and voracious and powerful, I have to smile, a broad, genuine smile that can't be contained by mere willpower. Even carnage can be beautiful if it's wreaked in the name of protecting those you love.

Which is all the motivation I need to plunge through the inferno, fists aflame and eyes alight with relentless fury, throwing my arm back to rocket it forward in a devastating punch that catches Kalifa completely off-guard; her half-assed soap shield melts under the intense heat of my and Honoo's flames combined (actually, Honoo's flames are my flames, seeing as how she's using my Devil Fruit powers to take on a physical form, but that's all in the technicalities and I hate technicalities so... moving on!) and she's sent spiraling out of the room, crashing through the damaged railing lining the second floor balcony.