#122 Your Insecure - Zayn - NOT MINE

Zayn:

"Love? I'm leaving, where are you?"

"In here." You reply quietly from the living room, nose buried in a book. You're trying to distract yourself from the fact that he's leaving for tour but you've been stuck on the same page for the past fifteen minutes, worries nagging at the back of your mind.

He sticks his head in through the doorway, beanie covering his dark hair and the sweatshirt you'd given him for his birthday adorning his frame. "Where's my goodbye hug?" He asks, sticking his lip out in a fake pout.

Slowly you pull yourself up off the couch, limply wrapping your arms around his waist. "Bye, Zayn."

"That isn't the usual (Y/N) goodbye I've become used to. Something's wrong," He pulls away from you, hands placed firmly on your shoulders as he studies you intently. "What's wrong?"

"You're leaving again," You say softly, breaking your gaze as you stare down at the floor. "You're leaving again and there are going to be girls who are so much prettier than I am throwing their skinny little selves at you and why would you settle for me when you could have someone so much better?" Your voice breaks and you bite down on your lip, willing yourself not to cry.

"Hey, what are you talking about? You're the only one for me and me going on tour isn't going to change any of that," He lifts your chin up again, leaning over and gently pressing his lips to yours. "I promise."

"You mean that?"

"Of course I do," He grins, brushing your bangs away from your eyes. "Also... I may or may not have arranged for you to come spend some time with us on tour, so you don't have a thing to worry about."

You can't help but smile, excitement bubbling up inside of you as your wrap your arms around him, holding him tight.

"There we go," He murmurs, pressing a kiss to the top of your head. "I'll see you soon, (Y/N). I love you."