03.

On the authority of Abu Ruqayyah Tamim bin Aus Ad-Dary radiyallahu anhu, the Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa sallam said, Religion is an advice. We asked, To whom (the advice), O the messenger of Allah? He said, To Allah, His books, His messenger, leaders of muslim people, and community in general. (Muslim).

"Could you be more annoying?" I open the cupboard, looking for my granola bars. Where could they be?

"I just want to see what you look like." Zane smirks at my discomfort.

"How about no."

"Oh come on."

"You shouldn't even be talking to me right now."

"We're living in the same house. How do you expect me not to talk to you, wifey?"

I scowl at him. "Don't call me that."

"What? Wifey?"

"Stop it."

"Okay, wifey." I groan and turn to him. He stares back at me with those bright eyes.

"Wait, what is that?" I point my finger accusingly at his mouth. "What are you eating?"

"Nothing." His mouth is full as he chews.

"Please do not tell me that's one of my granola bars."

"Okay. It's not one of your granola bars." I turn back around to the cupboards. "It's two of them."

I turn back to the kitchen counter to glare at him. "You're not serious right now, are you? You seriously took my last two granola bars? Don't you even smirk. Are you laughing at me? Those were my last two! What's wrong with you?"

He's full out laughing now. "I-I'm sorry. Your, your reaction. Priceless." He sighs loudly and stops laughing, only to start all over again.

"I don't know what girls see in you, wallahi."

"Easy. The opposite of what you see."

"I see a rude, egotistical jerk who thinks he's the poop."

"The poop? The poop, really? I think I'm the poop."

"You know what I meant." He purses his lips to stop from laughing. I roll my eyes. "Shut up."

"You really are hilarious, wifey."

"I said stop calling me that."

"You might as well just accept it. We're getting married." He wiggles his eyebrows at me and I can't figure out if I should slap him or swoon.

I sit down across from him. "So you want to get married?"

"Honestly, no. But it's not like we have a choice. Unless of course, we can get ourselves out of it."

"And how do you think we'd manage to do that?"

He rakes a hand through his curls. "What if I decide to go into the army?"

"You and I both know that wouldn't work."

"Okay. One of us could already be involved with someone else."

I think about it for a second. "Okay. I volunteer you to do it."

He looks taken aback. "Why me?"

"Because you and I both have already seen the girls lined up for some Zane action."

"Don't worry, babe. You're first to be picked though." He winks at me.

"Ew, no."

"Sure, keep denying the attraction." He leans in and whispers. "You and I both know that you feel it, Yasmeen." I shiver and move away.