12.

"Nobody conceals anything in himself except that Allāh makes it appear on his face or through a slip of his tongue."
'Uthmān b. 'Affān RaḍiAllāhu-'Anhu [الآداب الشرعية ١\٦١].

I wake up to the sound of my adhan alarm. I turn it off and turn to the other side of my bed, hands under my head. Yes, Fajr was in. No, I still was not praying. I was a bit depressed by it, but alhamdulillah.

A knock comes at my door. "Yallah, wake up. It's time for Fajr." Zane says.

"Okay, thanks." I mutter.

"What?"

"I said thanks!" I grumble at him angrily. Why won't he just let me go back to sleep? Why, ya Allah? It's already annoying enough seeing his face almost everyday. Why does he have to bother me at the one time I have peace and quiet?

A few seconds pass of utter and complete silence. Just how I like it. And then, the annoying voice comes back to nag at me. "Well?" He asks.

"Well what?!"

"Well, are you going to get up?"

"Don't worry about what I'm going to do or not. Salam."

"I'm not going anywhere until you get up."

"Could you just leave me alone for a few hours? Just a few hours! Is that so much to ask for?"

A pause. "Kinda."

"Ughhhh!" I groan and throw a pillow at the door. "Leave me alone!"

"Not until you get up!"

"I am up!"

"No you're not." His voice is calm compared to my angered one.

"How are you going to tell me if I'm awake or not?"

"Ummm, because I can?" He says sarcastically.

"I'm not praying, for Allah's sake! Why can't you just leave me alone?!"

"Oh," A pause. "Why didn't you just say that?" He says and walks away. Did I hint at a tone of embarrassment?

"Oh who cares." I mutter to myself as I turn around in bed again, throw the covers over myself to take them off again to throw them on again halfway, and try oh so hard to go back to my peaceful sleep.

I manage to be able to sleep until twelve in the afternoon. I grumpily get out of bed and mutter to myself how I'd rather go back to sleep for the rest of the week if I could.

I head downstairs fully clothed after my morning bathroom routine, iPhone in hand. Fadwah sent a text asking if I wanted to go shopping today. I reply with a yes and smiling emoji emoticon and head to the kitchen.

Not surprised at all, I find Zane in there already fishing for some breakfast. He takes out the carton of eggs and orange juice. I fold my arms across my chest and try not to laugh and give myself away as he looks at the eggs confusingly. He actually looks kind of cute. Kind of.

He grabs two and puts the carton back in the fridge. He's about to smash them when I can't help but interject. "No!" I put my hand out, embarrassed at my outburst. I clear my throat and walk towards him, trying not to get too close. "No, um, you're doing it wrong."

"Am I? Thanks." He says sarcastically.

I ignore his sarcasm and continue talking. "Yeah, actually." I grab a bowl from one of the top cabinets and place it gently on the island so it doesn't make a loud sound. I gently grab the egg in his hand, cautious not to touch him. "All you have to do is," I tap it lightly on the side of the bowl so it can crack enough for me to open it and let the yolk and liquid spill in. "Crack it like this, and throw the shell out."