17.

Your flaws are perfect for the heart that is meant to love you.

Zane

Zane looks into Yasmeen's beautiful bright brown eyes. Even when she's crying, she's beautiful. John Legend had him going all soft, he mentally shakes his head. "I'm sorry." She says between sobs. "I'm just a mess right now and I just don't know what to do."

"Please stop crying. Come here." She inches towards him a little and he sighs before bringing her closer and holding her. She rests her head on his shoulder. "I know I shouldn't be doing this, but sometimes you just need a shoulder to cry on and someone to hold you and tell you that everything is going to be alright."

"But will it?" Her eyes are so full of innocence. He almost wishes he can tell her the harsh reality of life but doesn't want to hurt her even more.

"In shaa Allaah." He looks down at her and she catches his gaze. "I know you don't want to talk about it now, but you can tell me whenever you're ready. I'm always here for you."

She nods and rests her head back on his shoulder. Eventually, after many more sobs, she falls asleep and he picks her up bridal style before laying her gently on her bed and walking out.

He sighs to himself, thinking about the fact that he's yet again seen her without her face veil and he knows he should feel bad, but he loves seeing her beauty. The fact that a girl like her hasn't had any guy go after her yet should be a crime.

Walking into his room, he closes his door and prays Isha. He hasn't prayed in what feels like years, but lately, after hanging around Hudhaifah and Mahad more, his imaan has started to rise and although it was hard at first, he's becoming accustomed to praying each prayer. He still struggles with praying on time, but alhamdulillah for praying at all compared to his old lifestyle.

After praying, Zane lays down in bed and checks his phone to see messages from at least twenty different girls. He shakes his head, still not understanding what they see in a guy like him. Honestly knowing and being truthful to himself, he knows he's a jerk and doesn't make the best decisions and he's only a ladies man. He'd never seriously get into a relationship with any of these girls. They were all honestly temporary. He's never actually wanted a girl to stick around until Yasmeen.

His last text is a message from a girl named Hanna, asking when they should meet up again. He ignores it, knowing she'll be fuming after she finds out he read it and intentionally didn't reply. He checks the one before hers and sees that it's from Alia. 'We need to talk.' is all that's written. He replies with an okay and goes to sleep.

The next morning Zane wakes up and proceeds to make wudoo and pray Fajr before showering and brushing his teeth. He looks in the mirror when he's done and touches his wavy curls with his fair hand. "I really need to get a new shape-up." He says to himself.

Before going downstairs, he passes by Yasmeen's door and knocks. "You can come in." She responds.

"Hey, salaam." He says with his Colgate smile. "How are you feeling?" He decides it best not to walk in and keeps his hand on the knob.

"Wa Alaykum Salam." She smiles under her niqab. "I'm okay now." He can hear the uncertainty in her voice.

"You sure? It's okay to not be okay sometimes, y'know."

She nods. "I know. Thank you for last night. And sorry, I uh, my niqab.." She points to her covered face.

"No don't apologize. I'm sorry for not saying anything about it. You were in a sensitive state, of course you wouldn't be thinking about it in that moment." He smiles again and he can see the smile in her eyes.