13.

This is dedicated to Aliyah for always being on my behind for updating haha. I love you for the sake of Allah, albi.

Imām Shāfiʿī:
يخاطبني السفيه بكل قبح، فأكره أن أكون له مجيبا، يزيد سفاهة فأزيد حلمـا، كعود زاده الإحراق طيبا.
The fools speak to me with all vulgarity, but I hate to respond likewise in turn, they increase in their evil, so I increase in my patience, I am like an incense that becomes more fragrant when burned.
● [ديوان الإمام الشافعي]

It's been two and a half weeks since the whole incident with Zane and Alia and no words have been exchanged between the two of us since.

I wake up to a text message from Fadwah around midnight. This girl is so nocturnal, it's like she just never sleeps.

Fadwah: R u up or nah?
Me: Or nah.
Fadwah: Yet u answered. Hmm... I have a hunch u r awake. Not sure but just a hunch.

I can't help but laugh. Even when I'm sleepy and annoyed she can manage to make me laugh. This is why I love her so much.

Me: What do you want?
Fadwah: Wow, how sweeter can u get?
Fadwah: Did u sense the sarcasm?
Fadwah: Did u?
Fadwah: Huh? Huh?
Fadwah: Huhhhh?????
Me: Fadwah, stop spamming my phone! You'll wake the neighbors three yards away up, OMG.
Fadwah: Sorry. What did I text u for again?

I sigh in exasperation at this girl. I can just never get a break.

Fadwah: Oh yeah. U're coming with me to a wedding tomorrow. It's going to be an all-day thing so make sure to get ur parents' permission, u rebel, u. ;)

I laugh to myself.

Me: I love how you just tell me this like you're not even asking.
Fadwah: That's because I'm not. Gud nite, boo! :*
Me: Good night, crazy. :*

I put my phone on silent and go to sleep with no more distractions. I wake up the next morning to a yelling Fadwah in my face. I jump and fall off my bed.

"Hahahaha! Your-" She grabs a hold of her stomach. "Your face." She wipes at her tears as I get up, hair in my face, staring at her with so much annoyance. If only looks could slap. She takes one glance at my expression and starts all over again. "Okay I think I'm d-done." She sighs really loudly and wipes at the tears rolling down her face.

"First of all, don't EVER do that again." I poke at her. "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"I'm-" Her laughing starts up again. "I'm sorry. But that was priceless oh my Allah. I haven't laughed like that in a while."

"Second of all, how'd you get in my house?"

"Your mother let me in." She looks at me like I'm stupid. "Duh."

I roll my eyes. "I haven't even asked her yet and-" She cuts me off when she says she already has.

"And what time is it?"

"It's eight o'clock. We're already running late. Let's go, get up slowpoke."

"It's eight o'clock in the MORNING and you want me to just automatically be ready to tackle the day?" I throw my hands up in the air in frustration.

"Pretty much." She nods her head at me. "Good choice of words."

"Ugh, you aggravate me."

"Let's go, move it. Left, right, left right, left. No, I said left not right! Stop messing it up, Yassy!"