Chapter Seven

Picture of Riley Miller at the side xx

Chapter Seven

"Why'd you make a bucket list?" he asked as we ate our food. I swallowed my food before answering him.
"Well," I paused, "I just wanted to do a few cool things before graduating this year," I replied with a shrug. "Nice, want me to help you with it?" he asked. "I'll tell you if I ever need your help with anything on it," I smiled, as he smiled back.

"You're being awfully nice to me," it clicked and I furrowed my brows. He laughed as I said that. "Just for today," he winked. I rolled my eyes, "Of course," I muttered.

"The food here is pretty good," I said as I took a bite of my burger. He nodded in agreement. "And the best part," he added, "is that it's open 24 hours," he grinned.

I chuckled, "Yeah."

On our way back, nothing cliche happened, if that's what you were thinking. He didn't put his jacket around me. Why? Because, 1) he would've been frozen, 2) I was bundled up in my own layers of jackets, and 3) so was he. So, we were both prepared for the harsh cold.

He didn't stop me in the middle of the road to kiss me in the snowfall. Why? Because, 1) he doesn't like me, and 2) I don't like him.

He didn't ask me out on a date. Why? Same reasons as the previous one. We don't like each other.

We simply talked and joked around, like we did on our way to the diner, and walked back home.

"Do you feel sleepy now?" he asked as we reached home. "No, not really. You?" I asked back. "Same," we both groaned, and laughed lightly.

"What're we supposed to do now?" I whined.
"Movie?" I perked up as he suggested that. I grinned, "I'll go make popcorn."

I turned around as I was about to go in the kitchen, "Choose a movie." As I was about to go in, I turned around again, "Nothing horror." He chuckled and nodded and headed into the living room.

Took me less than 5 minutes to pop three packets of popcorn, and put them in a large bowl. I grabbed two sodas, and headed to the living room where Ryan and the movie was waiting for me.

"What movie did you pick?" I asked and set down the bowl and sodas onto the coffee table in front of the sofa. "See for yourself," he replied. I looked at the TV screen, and instantly recognized the movie.

I almost chocked on air, "Are you serious?" I asked in awe.
He nodded and smirked.
He's the first guy, and I mean it when I say first, to ever pick a chick flick like 'Mean Girls' voluntarily.

I burst out laughing right then and there. "Are you secretly a girl?" I laughed some more. He rolled his eyes, and sternly said, "No."
Then he said, "I just wanted to watch something you would enjoy." I smiled softly at him, "You don't need to do that. We can watch something you like." He grinned in happiness. "As long as it's not horror," I quickly added. He smiled, "No problemo."

We ended up watching Finding Nemo. A classic, I know.

***

"We're gonna be tired as hell at school tomorrow. Oops, I mean today," he rolled his eyes. It was 6:40 am at the moment. "Let's go take a 30 minute nap. We still have time before we have to leave for school." He seemed to like that idea, and we both headed to our own rooms.

***

"It's 7:30! Riley, wake up!" a voice yelled, and I stirred from my slumber. I groaned, "Leave me alone, Ryan."
I suddenly felt a pillow hit me. I peeked open my eyes and saw Ryan putting on a shirt. His body was heavenly. Structured abs, toned, and that v-line.. absolute hotness.
Snap out of it!

"Done checking me out?" Goddamn, he noticed! I shut my eyes closed, "Shut up, leave, and let me sleep. I'm tired," I murmured the last part. "Come on, wakey wakey." I gave him my best sleepy glare, and turned around which made me face my back towards him.

"Where's that bucket of water...." he rhetorically asked himself. I didn't move because I knew he was just saying it, and didn't actually have a bucket of water. "That's not gonna work on me- WHAT THE HECK, RYAN!" I shrieked as I jumped off my bed, completely soaked. "You motherflapping turtle!"

Amusement in his eyes, he was laughing like he's going to die at the spot. I crossed my arms, "That wasn't funny," I pouted. A smirk came on my face, "Gimme a hug," I started walking towards him with my arms open. His eyes widened and he raised his hands to shield him. "No! I just changed," he grumbled as I leaped on him to hug him, making his shirt wet. Still holding on to him, I laughed. "Now get out and let me get ready. We have-" I looked at the clock, "15 minutes!" We were going to be late, there was no way I could get ready and get to school on time.

I pushed him out of my room, and ran to my bathroom.

Five minutes later, I was in blue jeans, a plain mint blue hoody, snow-boots and a heavy coat to face the harsh weather outside.

I didn't bother to make myself look presentable, I was already running late. Throwing my hair under a beanie and wrapping my neck with a scarf, I called out to Ryan and we both ran out the door. Deciding to take my car, we jumped in and drove off to school.

Please don't make me get detention, I silently prayed.

Luckily for us, because of the snowfall, the school gates hadn't closed because they knew some student might be late. Rushing in through the doors, Ryan and I high-fived each other, for the fact that we made it.