Chapter Eleven

"It was nice to meet you. I'm David, by the way," he said and put his hand out for me to shake. I smiled and shook his hand, "I'm Riley." I looked at Chloe, "And this is my friend, Chloe." She smiled politely and said she'd be right back.

"Do you go to Madison High?" he asked.
I nodded, "Yep."
"I go to that school, too," he smiled.
Huh. I never took in his appearance before.

Dirty blonde hair, hazel eyes, perfect cheek bones and jaw line. He was good-looking, I couldn't deny that.

"You look beautiful, just saying," he complimented.
"Why, thank you," I smiled back.
"My pleasure," he replied.

"Are you in grade 12?" I asked.
He reluctantly nodded.
"That's weird. I swear I've never seen you before."
He half-smiled, "I'm new here. I moved in this town a couple of days ago, and I signed up for school just this morning. I haven't gone yet," he explained.
So that's why.

"Hello, kitten," a very familiar voice interrupted out conversation.
Ryan slid into the seat beside me, and smirked. I rolled my eyes, "Are you lost?"
"In your eyes, yes," he replied smoothly.
My eyebrows shot up. "No. You've lost your mind, if you didn't before."

"You constantly hurt me, kitten," he faked hurt.
"Tell me how, so I can do it more often," I retorted.
"Well, you're mean," he said in a final tone. As if deciding it as final.

"And you're annoying. Did I left that out in my little speech back there? Oops," I shrugged.
"I see you've made a new friend," he said, directing at David, "Aww, my little kitten is growing up so fast!" he exclaimed in a high pitched voice.
I groaned, "Stop calling me that. I'm not a cat." I looked at David, "and Ryan, meet David. David, meet Ryan."

I turned to David. "Ryan is my... well, I can't say friend. We're more of.. acquaintances." After about a second of thinking over that, I nodded. Yes, that's what we are. Acquaintances.

"I'm very hurt by this. You don't consider me as your friend," he faked hurt once again. But his signature smirk came back on his face a second later, "Oh, I see. You want to get straight to the boyfriend part in our stretchous love story."

Thank god the lighting was low, or else they'd witness my tomato transformation.

"Stretchous? Pfft, that's not even a word!" Yeah, nice save. Note the sarcasm.

"If Mockingbird can create 'touchous', I can create 'stretchous'," he scoffed.

"Yeah, now go write a book then," I rolled my eyes at him.

Turning his attention away from me, he fixated his attention on David.
"Sup, man." They did those guy handshakes guys do.
"I'm guessing you're new in town?" Ryan asked, raising a brow.
"Your guess is correct," David replied.
"You gonna try out for our sport teams?" Ryan asked.
"I was thinking football, actually."
"That's great. I hope you're good?" Ryan said it more like a question than a statement.
"I think I am," he smiled, "Not to sound conceited, however. It's just that I was captain at my old school."
Ryan seemed impressed with that. "That's great, man. Hope to see you at tryout tomorrow."

They talked more and it seemed like they've been buddies since diaper days.

Argh, I envy Ryan's social skills. Mine clearly fails majorly.

"It's past 12, do you wanna leave?" Ryan's voice interjected my thoughts.
I nodded, and before leaving, Ryan and David exchanged numbers. I decided I would take David's number from Ryan later on.

"It was great meeting you," I said to Ryan.
"Same goes to you," he smiled. "I'll see you around?" he asked with hope in his voice. "Definitely," I answered.

"Ready to leave?" Ryan asked me as I walked away from the bar station.
"Yeah, but I need to text Chloe and Holly once I get in the car."
He nodded and we made our way to the parking lot.

Right before we could exit, a voice screeched. "Ryaaann!" We both turned around and Ryan almost fell over as he stumbled when a body clashed into his.

It was Sierra, who else.

"Leaving so early, babe?" she purred. Ew.
"Yeah, uh, I gotta goo," Ryan said awkwardly as he attempted to get her off of him.
"But-but I thought we were gonna.. have some fun," she giggled. Ew.
"No," he said bluntly.
"But baaaabe!" she whined like a little kid. "Don't you wanna see me in my new Victoria Secr-"
"Okay! I'm leaving!" I interrupted her before she could complete what she was saying. Oh my god. No. I did not need to hear, any of that.

As I turned on my heels to exit, a hand gripped my wrist.

"Sierra, let go," Ryan said with authority in his voice, and he gently pushed her off of him.
His eyes fell on something behind her, and he mouthed, "Get her off". I followed his gaze and saw Nathan, a quarterback player on the team, nodding. He grabbed Sierra by her forearms, and muttered, "Let's get you a room to sleep in." And with that, she was finally off of Ryan.

I almost didn't notice Ryan still holding my hand. Almost. That means, I did notice.

"Um.. why're you holding my hand?" I asked, confused and awkward at the same time.
He quickly let go, "Urm, sorry."

As I stared at his face, I couldn't contain my laughter.

He looked at me, surprised. "What's so funny?"
I pointed at him while clutching my stomach, and then pointed to the direction where Sierra was taken to.
"It...was so... haha! Funny!" I laughed hard.

He shot me a flat look, as he muttered, "Yeah, that was hilarious" and made a face at me. "So mature" I commented. He mocked me in a horrible deep voice.

"I am offended!" I said, touching my heart.
"So am I," he shot back.
"Fine, we're even," I said.