Chapter Twenty-Two

"Riley, wake up," a distant voice erupted in my sleepy state of mind, as someone shook my body lightly, which in a second, turned more violent.

My eyes peaked open, and I grumbled, "Geez, woman, I'm up."
"You wound me," he quietly muttered, almost to himself.

I took in my surroundings, we were still on the rooftop. I was sprawled across Ryan's lap, as he stared down at me. "You fell asleep," he told me.

Wait... that was a dream? What..

I quickly sat up, suddenly alarmed. "Ryan, did you tell me about your past?" I asked him cautiously. I swear, if he says no...

He narrowed his eyes, "Yes."
I gulped, "What happened after you told me?"
"Nothing. You fell asleep after I said thank you."

Oh. My. God.

Why?

Just why?

So I dreamt of him saying 'I like you' to me?!

Unbelievable.

Why would I even dream such a thing? It's not like I like him. Right?

You do.
Mind, this is so not the time.

I can't like him.
Why not? For the first time, I agreed with my mind. Why not. Why can't I like him?
He's a-

"Riley?" a cautious voice asked me.
I looked at him wide eyed.
"Are you okay? You had this.. weird look."
I unsurely nodded, "I'm fine. Do you wanna go in now?"
He nodded, and got up, and held his hand out for me.
"What time is it?" I asked, fixing my clothes.
"I'm not sure. I don't have my phone with me."

We quietly climbed down the roof and went to the kitchen. I saw the time as 8:55 pm, so we decided to start cooking dinner.

"Lasagna. I want lasagna," Ryan declared.
"Erm, do you know how to make lasagna?"
"No, don't you?"
I shook my head. "Nope."

He put on an enthusiastic smile, "Google it is!"

***

After following all the instructions from Google, it was made and we finally served it on plates.

We called our parents out of their rooms, and started eating. They loved it, so did Ryan and I. It was good.

"After a lot of hard work, and dedication, I was able to make this wonderful dinner for everyone, with a little help from Riley," is what Ryan had said. He got smacked in the head for that, because in my opinion I did as much as he did.

Soon, everyone headed to their rooms. Ryan and I told them we'd take care of the dishes. As Ryan handed me a plate, I asked, "Ryan, do you like anyone?"

I regretted asking that as soon as it came out of my mouth.

He looked at me and just stared for a moment, before replying, "I don't know, Riley. Maybe I do."

I shouldn't have asked him that.
"Who?" I asked in a timid voice, which I quickly recovered by clearing my throat.

"Someone," he replied. Oh.
"Do I know her?"
He smiled. "Yes, you do. Now stop asking questions, or else I'll start thinking you like me."
Maybe I do...

I pretended to be disgusted by that idea, as I scrunched my nose, "Shut up. Never gonna happen."
Already happened. Please shut up.

The dishes were done and placed, so we headed to our rooms. Well, that's what I thought. I headed to my room, and Ryan followed me to my room.

I plopped on the bed, turning off the light. A moment later, my bed dipped on my right side. I immediately knew it was Ryan, and threatened him to go away, or I'd shave his head in his sleep.

"Bald or not, I'd look sexy as ever," I could feel his smirk.

"I don't even want to imagine how you would look bald," I said as I shivered from the thought.

He chuckled, a deep booming chuckle. "Now, why are you in my bed?" I asked. He shrugged. I rolled my eyes at his response.

"Can we sleep together tonight?" he asked, almost nervously. I was about to decline, but didn't. He talked about his past to me today, and I felt like he needed support for the night. Everyone needs a support once in a while. If I can be that for Ryan for once, I'd gladly accept. So that's what I did.

"Sure," I said with a smile, even though I knew he couldn't see me, due to the darkness.

I heard him sigh a breath of relief, and his arm wrapped around my waist, as he brought my body closer to his. I brought my face upto his neck, and took in the warmth. It felt good to be with someone you trusted. I definitely trusted Ryan, more than I ever planned to.

The whole night passed by, Ryan and I were snuggled with each other, and lord, I've never felt so comfortable.

The daylight welcomed me into the morning, and my eyes opened slowly. I forgot to close my curtains, ugh.

Ryan slowly woke up as well, and greeted me with a sleepy smile. I don't know how he managed to look so hot while waking up, because I'm pretty sure I looked like I returned from the dead, with my hair in a tangled mess, and greasy face. His hair was sticking up in all directions, in a state of bed head, which somehow made him look hotter. I envy his looks, and I'm a girl.

"It's 10 am, get up," I told Ryan. He grunted, but nonetheless, got up from my bed and walked into his.

After five more minutes of trying to get up, I finally jumped out of my bed and dragged my body to my bathroom. I brushed my teeth, showered and changed into a different pair of pajama sets.

We didn't have any plans today, so I guess I'd be lounging around my house.

But Ryan had different plans than mine, as he told me to get ready. I groaned and whined but he wouldn't listen to me.

I took my butt back to my closet and changed into outgoing clothing. I put my beanie on and walked out to see Ryan waiting for me.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we sat ourselves in his motorcycle. Yes, we'd be taking his motorcycle.

"You'll see," was all he said.

The silence that came afterwards was unwanted by me, so I tuned in to the radio, and Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran was playing. I was thinking back to Ryan and I dancing along to that song, and a smile crept onto my face.

"Thinking about our dance?" he asked, noticing my smile.
I nodded, and he smiled.

He stopped in front of a lake, lanterns were set there, and the atmosphere seemed romantic and couldn't help but send a shiver down my spine.

He opened the door for me and I took his hand which he held out for me. "Let's go," he said and walked me to a spot where he had already laid a blanket.

We say ourselves on the blanket, and he turned to me. "Do you remember the first time we met?"
I nodded, "You were judging my bunny onesie," we laughed. "Yes, so I got you a new onesie. Actually, I got two of them. One for you, one for me," he said and handed me a packet. I opened it and saw a- a horse onesie! "Is this a horse? Oh my god!" I looked at him with wide eyes, and jumped on him to hug him. He almost fell back and regained his position.

He chuckled and I felt his chest shake, "You're welcome. We can be twinning now," he smirked. I grinned, "I'd like to see you'd look in a horse onesie, if not a onesie in general."
He smiled broadly, "Me too."

"Wear it," he ordered as he got up to wear his own one. I followed his actions and put my onesie on. The hood has a literal horse face on it, and I couldn't get over the fact that I now own a horse onesie.

We both stood there and grinned at each other like crazy, and suddenly, a serious, yet nervous, expression settled on his face. He came closer to me, and held both my hands in his.

"I really have to tell you something."