Chapter Fifteen

"Where are we going?" I asked Ryan when I noticed we're not going to our home. Well, I was the one who said I didn't want to go home..

"I have a friend who's letting me stay the night there with you. He's not gonna be home tonight, and neither are his parents," he informed.
I nodded, "What about clothes?"
He chuckled, "Seems like you're already in your pajamas."
I let out a small chuckle, "But they're damp from the snow."
"We'll figure something out." He said and that was that.

After a brief moment of silence, I spoke up. "Thank you, Ryan."
He glanced at me, "For what?"
"Everything, to be honest. You're helping me even though we hated each oth-
"I never hated you," he interrupted.
I gave a small smile, "Even though I hated you at first."
He frowned, "I hate seeing you upset, Riles."
"Yeah, it's kind of unpleasant," I joked lightly.

"We're here," he announced after some time, as he pulled into a driveway.
I got out, and waited for him infront of the house. He came and rang the doorbell, as we patiently waited for his friend to open the door.

The door opened and infront of me, stood a blonde haired guy with hazel eyes and a bright smile, looking ready to head out. He smiled brightly at me, "Hey, I'm Justin. You must be Riley," and put his hand infront of me. I shook his head, and nodded as I gave him a weak smile. "Sup, man," Ryan and Justin did the guy-shake, or whatever they do when they greet each other.

Justin let us inside, and instantly fuzzy feelings entered my body and mind. It was warm and cozy, having a homey feeling to it. The house smelled of pine trees, and had a few Christmas decorations up.

"Thank you for letting us stay here tonight," I smiled.
He mirrored my expression, "My pleasure."

"Come, let me show you your rooms," he told us.
I curtly nodded and followed him up the stairs. He opened the second and third doors to the right, and turned to us, "You guys can stay in these rooms, unless you wanna stay in one room..." he raised his eyebrows.

"No, no. Two is fine with us," I quickly said, while Ryan only smirked. I nudged him with my elbow, and thanked Justin again.

"Well," He started to say as he clapped his hands together, "ima' head out now. It was nice meeting you, Riley." He turned to Ryan, "See ya', man," he said and gave me a smile before leaving.

I could hear the main door shut close and the house was in eery silence.

"Um, Ryan? I, uh, need.. clothes.." I said sheepishly.
His eyebrows raised, "Oh, right. Hold on."

He looked around the room, but couldn't find anything. Finally, he reached for the hem of his t-shirt, and my eyes widened in realization. He was going to take his shirt off. Right infront of me.

He took his shirt off and held it out for me, but I was too busy staring at his perfection of a body to move. His Greek-God-like body, toned abs, had me staring for days.

Okay, not literally days. But, for a long while.

He cleared his throat, while having an uneasy look on his face, snapping me out of my very attractive daze.

"Uh, uh. Yeah, the, uh, the shirt. Uh, thanks," I stuttered miserable, looking anywhere but at him and took the t-shirt from his hand.

"What're you gonna wear?" I asked.
A smirk crept onto his face, "Why? You can't handle my body for too long?"
I scowled, "Conceited much?"
He shrugged, "When you have a body like this," he said, motioning up and down his body, "Conceit is in the package."

He smirked again, "You wish you had even half of my confidence in you."
My scowl deepened, "What you have is cockiness."
He chuckled, "You'll understand someday."
"Clearly not today," I muttered.

He ignored what I said and walked out of the room. I decided to change into his t-shirt, but I still needed pants.

After a while, Ryan came back into my room with sweatpants folded in his hands. "Here, I found them in my car."
I frowned, "Why do you have sweatpants in your car?"
"Precautions," he answered, "You never know when you might get lost and you need to sleep overnight. I can't sleep in jeans, so uncomfortable."
I rolled my eyes, but laughed as well, "Well it came in handy for me, so I guess I shouldn't be complaining."

"What do you want for dinner?" he asked me.
I shrugged, "Anything edible."
We both laughed. "No, but seriously."
"What do we have?" I asked.
"Let's go down to the kitchen and see," he said and we both walked to the kitchen.

"Hmm... Let's see," he muttered and started looking around the kitchen.
"I found a box of mac and cheese."
"Um, I think he left it for us. It has a note with it that says 'for you guys'," I pointed out.
He rubbed the back of his neck, "Yeah, I saw that.."

"Do you know how to make it?" I asked.
He shook his head.
I smiled, "Here, I'll make it."
"I'll help," he offered.
I politely declined, "There's not really much to help with when you're making simple mac and cheese," I laughed.
He pouted, but agreed.

I put the macaroni to boil on the stove, and prepared the bowls.

"Do you wanna go back home tomorrow?" he asked me. I could tell he was being cautious. I nodded slowly, "I need to go back sometime, right? It's home."
"Tomorrow is the last day of school before the break. You excited?" he asked, changing the topic which I was thankful for.

"Actually, no. I like school. But I'm excited about the dance the day after tomorrow," I smirked up at him, remembering he's my date.

"What are you wearing?" I asked him.
"Not a suit, I'm telling you," he answered. I smiled, "I was guessing."

I finished making dinner, and we ate while we talked and laughed at each other's jokes. The time was 10 pm, when I got a phone call from my dad.

"Dad?" I answered.
"Riley! Where are you? It's 10 pm and you know I'm alright with you staying out, but you could at least tell me."
"I know, I'm sorry, dad. But I'm with Ryan, so I'm safe."
"Good. Where are you? Are you coming home tonight?"
"We're at one his friend's house. And no, I'm not coming home tonight," I replied.
"Okay. Also, Amy told me a man came to see you, and that was the last time she saw you. Who was the man?"
I froze, I literally froze in place. "It, it wasn't anyone important," I lied.
"Riley," his voice became low and serious, "Was it-"
"Dad, I'll tell you everything tomorrow. I promise, now I have to go."
"Okay, honey," I could tell he was worried, "Bye."
I muttered a bye and he hung up.

I put my plates away and drank a glass of water before going up to my room for the night. I entered the room and shut up the door close, but yelped when I saw Ryan laying on my bed.

He laughed, "Scared you?"
"Kinda!" I exclaimed.

I walked to the bed, "Get up. I wanna sleeeeeep," I said, dragging the 'sleep' part.

Before I could say anything else, his hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him, causing me to fall on top of him.

I blushed at the close approximation of our bodies, then realizing our faces were only inches apart.

"Ryan," I said, in a mere whisper.
"Riley," he teased in the same tone as I had used.
"Let me go!"
"No, kitten."
I frowned, "I'm not a cat."
"I said kitten."
"Same thing. But I'm not a kitten either."
He shrugged, "You look like one."
"Are you trying to be romantic right now?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.
"Maybe.." he trailed off.
I laughed wholeheartedly.
"Well, you're failing miserably at it."
He pouted with his bottom lip out, but then a smirk plastered on his face. "Teach me then," he whispered, "Kitten."