Gerard

Test tomorrow, I'm weeping! 😭
________________________________

Me : Can I ask you something?

Jackie : sure thang, shoot!

Me : what class are you attending, again?

Jackie : right now?

Me : yeah?

Jackie : biology :)

I heaved a sigh; a sigh of relief. For a second, I was bewildered, completely. Assignment submission, free class, Senior Concert, hots for the teacher— she couldn't be a student from my class, could she?

What if Jackie was lying?— Realising the way I had asked her such a question out of the blue; could she be lying?

I knew I needed to talk to someone about her; someone whose name isn't Lionel, Andrés or Sergi who'd sit and lecture me for hours on how sexting seventeen year olds isn't morally correct.

I knew exactly whom I needed to confront at the moment, and I did not think twice before confirming my decision.

•••

"So, she said biology?" The hazel eyed chap chuckled, as I nodded meekly. I heaved a sigh and took another sip of my iced latte, as my lunch partner stared at me, with a poker-face.

"What?" I snapped sarcastically, perceiving the smirk that was spreading across his lips.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier, Gerard?" He chuckled.

"Because, I, myself did not know that this case would be dragged so far, Neymar." My tone was surprisingly weighty, which made him cock a brow at me.

"Okay, okay, since you think I'm the love guru—"

"Cut to the chase, Ney." Neymar was an over-conceited chap— why wouldn't he be? From day one, he had been a best-friend to me; he seemed to have tonnes of solutions for every single problem that I ever faced.

"Okay, calm down, man!" His laugh reverberated through the empty café. "Who is this girl? I seriously need to see her— oh wait, you don't know how she looks like. So typical of you, Geri."

That was it— he earned a hard thwack from me on the back of his head, which made him blabber out a bunch of solutions.

We discussed over a few, and within a mere time period of twenty minutes, we were ready with a pact. Mission Jackie!

•••

"Dude, you sure? Check again!" Neymar bellowed into the phone from the other side.

"I did— just Johanna and Jessica, no more names with J in my class," I assured. Our first mission was to make sure if Jackie was lying— I had to discover the names of girls starting with the alphabet 'J' from my twelfth standard physics class.

Whosoever's name was a probable full form of "Jackie" was to be checked on.

So here I was— in my office, scanning the assignments thoroughly, looking for names with 'J'.

"Johanna couldn't be Jackie— check out Jessica." Neymar added, "Cause like, Jackie— Jessica— Je– Jeckie, Jackie— you know?"

I shook my head, rolling my orbs at his idiotic self; why was I even doing this? Arranging the assignments aside, and promising a phone call to Neymar in an hour, I set off for the next phase of our ludicrous mission.

•••

"So, no?"

"No."

"No Jackie wackie in your class?"

"No."

"Jessica isn't the one?"

"No, like I said— her skin tone is way too fair, almost transparent. Jackie was tanned."

"What if it's the lighting effects?"

"The picture that Jackie sent was a live picture."

"Did you check Johanna?"

"Yes— she isn't the one either. She's a blondie."

"What if she dyed her hair?"

"She didn't, I would've noticed if she had."

"Gosh, Geri. You should stop checking out your students."

I glared at the Brazilian, which immediately caused him to zip his lid— sometimes, he spoke too much, unnecessarily.

"Problem solved!" He hollered, almost making me jump from my seat. "She isn't lying— you don't have to worry." His grin was so convincing, that I was compelled to rely on the chap.

"So, I can move on to mission two— right?" I asked, still unsure if my idea was worth my efforts.

"Yes, did you buy the thing?" He asked, grasping his jacket from the leather couch that was stationed in my office.

I nodded with an unsure smile, handing him the gift-wrapped box, that made his tattooed arm pat my shoulder in assurance.

"You sure you found out the correct address?"

"Positive," he grinned sheepishly, that made me chortle. "Good luck, babes."

"Thanks, girafa." With that, he trotted off excitedly. Without this guy, I would be nowhere— it was truly a privilege to be best-friends with Neymar.

I heaved another of my heavy, exhausted sighs and rested my back against my chair, shutting my eyes— I was tired, anxious, and excited at the same time.

This Christmas could either turn into a blessing, or a disaster; nothing in between.