Chapter 13

"What happened to the Hybrids?" I asked, wonder and worry filling me. Signing, Levi stopped pacing and sat heavily next to me on the bed. "The vampire council led the movement to remove all Hybrids. Almost every species supported the movement, all but Werewolves."

"Why were werewolves against it?" Another reason why everyone hated Werewolves. "All the Werewolves cared about was the destruction that the Hybrids could cause. They wanted to use Hybrids as weapons." Levi replied, his voice low as his mind traveled back in time, remembering a difficult time. I grabbed his hand offering as much support as I could. He shot me a small smile before continuing.

"Because it was the Vampire blood that caused other supernatural species to change, test were done on all Vampires before scientists concluded that it was a type of defense mechanism to protect vampires from attacks. Even a couple drops of blood could have a deadly effect. The blood seemed to have the most effect on Werewolves, which gave the Werewolf council the perfect excuse to oversee the end of Hybrids." Levi's grip on my hand tightened towards the end, but his face remained blank, only the storm in his eyes showing the impact this had on him. I rubbed circles on the back of his hand, staring at the side of face, knowing that this had probably been a very difficult time not only for him, but every other species as well.

"No one really knows what happened to the Hybrids after the Were wolf council gained custody over them. People lost family members and friends . . .mates. They all just disappeared." His brown eyes were bright with tears, the memories of his past chocking him. The picture from the old library taunted me, made me realize that I would never be his only love. My hand loosened around his before gripping it hard. Levi turned his head away from me, his gaze focused on the small window as he took in shuddering breaths.

"When did this happen?" I asked, my eyes on our connected hands,waiting to see if his answer could confirm my suspicion. "Over 200 years ago." He whispered. It all occurred around the same time as the picture was taken. Levi obviously still had feelings for the mystery girl in the picture, feelings that were probably stronger than what he felt for me.

His heart would never only belong to me.

"There are rumors, rumors that bring chills to even the sickest bastard. Women used for pleasure, raped until they're on their deathbed, children abused and molested, chained to walls and whipped until they lose the will to live, then brainwashed to become soldiers. Men are used to do the dirty work, and anyone who objects are made examples of." Levi took a deep breath before continuing.

"There has never been any evidence, but I wouldn't put it past those Werewolves." Levi spat, his fangs extending as his anger rose. He stood quickly, releasing my hand as it was on fire before storming out of the hospital room, slamming the door shut. My wide eyes followed him, my mind trying to process everything that I had learned. I looked out the window, noting that the sun was setting. The sound of the door opening drew my attention, my gaze focusing on sky as he entered.

He quietly shut the door behind him before he walked to the side of the hospital bed. Sitting on the chair next to the bed, he sighed before focusing his eyes on me. "I assume Levi told you about the Hybrids." I nodded my head, my stare concentrated on my clasped hands on my lap. He quickly changed the subject."So you saw the photo."He stated, his eyes daring me to lie. My eyes widened, my breath stopping." How the hell do you know?"I asked." Hope smelled the old paper on you. I bet you've been wondering who that woman was." Sky replied, his voice turning hard at the mention of the woman. He sat back in the chair,taking a deep breath before continuing.

"Her name was, or is, Margaret. She was one of the first Hybrids. Supernaturals had just come out then, and Levi had been ecstatic that he could freely tell her about what he was. Back then you had to fill in form to get permission from your council to mate a human, and even then it could take from months to a year before you got a reply. Celia and I did not have to go through the waiting period since we were both Vampires, but Levi had already been waiting for over 6 months."

" Margaret had known that we were keeping something, and when news had spread about people who looked human but weren't, she confronted him. The thing about Margaret was that she loved danger, so finding out the man you loved was not human, excited her rather than scaring her. Her love of danger was what destroyed her in the end." Knowing that someone had once held Levi's heart, and still did hurt, but I was determined to gain it.

"In that era, sharing blood was rare. We still do not know how Levis blood affected her considering she was human, but my best guess is that she was only half human, and her other half was very human-like, probably an elf. I always did think her ears were a little pointed." He grinned, before sobering. "She started to change almost immediately. Her eyes and hair became paler, almost as if they were being drained of color, I remember the look in her eyes, so much anger and pain." He shivered, his eyes becoming cloudy before continuing in a dark voice.

"Levi had been yelling for us, we all had no idea what was happening.Margaret was on the ground screaming in pain. She had been clawing at Levi while he tried to restrain her, she kept fighting him, it was as if she didn't know him. Celia had called the council while Ace and I helped hold Margaret down, the twins had tried to talk to her but she was out for blood." My fist clenched in my lap, my eyes becoming wet as I tried to imagine what they all had went through. Sky raised a shaking hand to comb back his hair, his breathes coming faster as he remembered the scene. "The council was there almost immediately, they're one of the oldest Vampires alive, but even they hadn't seen anything like that. They took her, Jayden, they took her and that was the last time we saw Margaret."

Sky's eyes were filled with pain before he closed his eyes and took deep breathes. "Levi's blamed himself for what happened to her, he's been carrying that guilt for a long time. He's searched for her ever since she was taken, he had just come home after another dead end when we had found you. Earlier today, Celia had seen your eyes lighten like Margaret's had but you haven't changed like she did." He opened his eyes and focus his blue eyes on me. "The reason I'm telling you this is because you make Levi happy, happier than he has been in a very long time. Don't break his heart." Sky stood and left the room, leaving me to my thoughts.

Two thoughts stood out the most.

Was I going to become a Hybrid?

Could Levi love me or was there only enough room for Margaret?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1255 Words

Another chapter done!