Chapter 12

'What is that?'

I opened my eyes, looking around the room, seeing everything clearer. What the hell happened? I could see all the dust particles in the air, and all the colors seemed even more bright and vibrant. Turning my head to the side, I looked toward the moisture on my arm, only to feel my heart jerk at the sight next to me.

Levi lay there with his head on my arm, his hair in disarray and dark circles under his eyes. I didn't want to move my arm and wake him, but I was quickly losing feeling in my arm and I wanted to know what happened. "Levi." I whispered quietly, not wanting to startle him. He roused slowly, his eyes blinking open before focusing on me. Sitting up quickly, almost knocking the chair backwards, he stared at me, unblinking, before jumping on me. The air whooshed out of me from the weight of his body and the clutch he had on my body, his body heaving with every breath he took.

"Please don't be a dream, please don't be a dream." Levi chanted, his face pressed against my neck. I raised my arms, and wrapped them around him, bringing my body closer to his. "Hey, I'm fine." I whispered into the top of his head, while I rubbed his back.  I wasn't sure what had happened, but judging from our surroundings, I was injured somehow. Well, our surroundings and the throbbing headache I have.

Levi lifted his head away from my neck, and looked down at me, a angry expression on his face. "Don't ever get between two angry Vampires unless you have a death wish." The realization of what had happened at the club dawned on me, and even though I was slightly pissed off at the way Levi was acting, I could also understand where he was coming from.

I had acted irrationally when the possibility of Levi getting injured was presented to me, but I couldn't regret what had happened. If I hadn't gotten involved, who knows what would could have happened to Levi or Lonan. I looked back at Levi, staring straight into his eyes and said, "I will never regret what happened." He pressed more of his weight down on me, making sure that I was paying attention before saying, "I could have lost you."

His eyes were suspiciously misty, which caused mine to water as well.  This man is the love of my life, and I have no idea what I would do without him in my life. He leaned down and kissed me, the kiss becoming more intense with every second that passed. Just as things were getting out of hand, with my hands clutching his hair as his run up and down my sides, we heard the door open followed by a throat clearing but that didn't stop us.

"Making out with him isn't going to wake him up, no matter how much we wish it were true." I heard someone say, who I believe was one of the twins. I heard some rustling before a loud gasp was heard and Levi was suddenly flying across the room. He was quickly replaced by the twins and Celia, who were all squealing while their mates stood at the foot of the hospital bed.

"Your finally awake!" Hope yelled, jumping up and down to the side of me, unaware of her mate watching her every move. I could just imagine the thoughts running through Sky's mind, but right now I was more concerned about what had happened to Levi. I had to push Celia and faith off of me before I was able to sit up and look for Levi. He was standing by the door with his arms crossed, and even though his expression was troubled, he was staring at me with a slight smile on his face.

I looked at him closely, noticing little details that I never noticed before, such as the small, faint freckles on his cheeks and nose. His eyes had little speckles of gold mixed in with the dark brown. I wasn't sure why I was noticing things that I had never detected before. I could also smell the chemicals form the hospital and the terrible body odor from a patient down the hall.

"What's going on?" I asked, worried about the new changes happening to me. They all looked confused, making me wonder if the hit did some serious damage to my brain. Celia looked at me closely, her eyes widening before she grabbed my face and brought it closer to her, turning me slightly towards the overhead light. Her eyes flashed red before she was across the room, holding Levi up his throat.

She was snarling at him, and everyone seemed as shocked as I was ."You bastard." She yelled, her grip on his throat tightening.

Sky grabbed her by the waist trying to tug her away from Levi, but she was unrelenting. Levi remained calm, as if she wasn't going completely crazy, but then again so were the twins and Ace. I tried to get out of bed, but a blinding pain in head caused me to lay back down. "Celia, get your hands off my mate before I whoop your ass." I said weakly, my voice barely loud enough for them to hear.

"Do you know what this little motherfucker did to you?" Celia snarled, shaking Levi and raising her other hand as if to hit him, but Sky quickly grabbed it. I looked at Levi closely, watching as his mouth tightened into a thin line, and knew that he had done something bad. "You were dying." He spit out between clenched teeth, his hands fisted at his sides. "That didn't give you the right to do this!"

"What did he fucking do!" I yelled, sick of them talking in riddles. Celia looked at Levi for a moment before dropping him unexpectedly, and turning away from him as if disgusted by him. Celia turned and walked out of the room and everyone except Levi followed as if by some signal. Levi walked closer to the bed, sitting back in the seat that he had abandoned earlier.  He grabbed my hand, holding it tightly as if his life depended on it.

"What did you do?" I got straight to the point, not wanting to give him a chance to change the subject. He sighed heavily before taking g deep breath. "You weren't going to make it." He started his grip tightening even further. "I knew that if I gave you some of my blood that you would heal quicker, so that's exactly what I did." I had so many questions, my brain trying to figure out what that could mean. Levi must have seen my confusion, because he continued. "You won't become a vampire, I didn't give you enough blood to do that, plus I would have had to drink your blood while you were drinking mine for you to become a vampire."

I tried to process all the new information, my mind working overtime. "If I won it turn into a vampire, then why was Celia so mad?" I asked the first question that came to mind, remembering Celia's reaction. "I hadn't told them what I was planning to do, so they thought that your werewolf blood had kicked in and helped speed up your healing." Levi explained."Why would that have caused such a bad reaction?"bad reaction?" Levi stood and started and started to pace, his hands behind his back. "Werewolf and vampire blood has not been mixed since supernaturals came out to humans.Both councils decided that it was too dangerous to mix blood, even between mates."

"What happened to those that mixed blood?" I asked.

"In most cases, the people became aggressive, even towards people they loved. "Levi described.

"But the main reason the councils banned mixing blood is because in some rare cases, it caused people to mutate, and become a whole new species, the Hybrids."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

13445 Words

I finally updated! I'm so sorry for the long wait but I finally did it