Chapter 18

Leaving Celia behind, I made my way back to Levi and I's apartment, my mind miles away. I had so much to worry about, and I couldn't help but feel as if the gods and goddesses were against me, especially with the cards life has dealt me. Just as I had found happiness, something had to cast a storm on it. I finally escaped the clutches of my old pack and found my mate, but that was now being threatened. I wanted to hide from it all, to stay in the bubble that had been surrounding Levi and I ever since my hospital stay. I wanted to feel important to someone for once, and I had that with him. I wanted it all. A big wedding, a welcoming family, and most of all, kids. Even if they wouldn't have our blood in their veins, they would have our hearts. I wanted little replicas of Levi running around, with his brown hair and his soft eyes, but as long as I could pour every ounce of love I had into them, then it didn't matter who sired or gave birth to them.

With the thought of kids on my mind, I rushed through the hallways and corridors until I made it back. I could hear Levi talking to someone, but only silenced followed my entrance. Closing the door behind me, I turned only to see Levi standing in the middle of the living room,  a phone pressed against his ear as he stared back at me. Knowing that he was hiding something and wanted privacy, I climbed the stairs to our room, but left the door open. Immediately  after I was out of human hearing range, he continued talking in hushed tones.

Bastard thinks he can hide something from me.

Using my new hearing, I caught snippets of the conversation. "Have......... new trail? " Levi whispered, stress clear in his voice as he spoke to the person on the other line. I couldn't decipher the words coming over the line, but I did hear the deep, husky voice. Levi released a sigh, obviously disappointed with what the mystery person had told him. He ended the call, his footsteps coming closer to the stairs and causing me to panic. I rushed to the bathroom and shut the door, prepared to act as if I had been there the whole time. What he doesn't know can't hurt him.

"Jayden." Levi called, knocking on the closed door. "Yes?" I replied, opening the door to reveal my sexy mate. He looked down at my short frame, smiling softly at me before gripping my wrist lightly and pulled me to him. Looking up at him startled, he leaned down to give a kiss, which started out light before deepening. Wrapping his arms around me, I clutched his shoulders, moaning as I felt his hardening shaft press against me. His smell changed, became even more enticing than before. He pulled back and laughed, running his hands up my back before pulling completely away. " Didn't mean for that to happen." He chuckled, and took another step back. "I just wanted to tell you that I have to go away for business, but I'll be back in a couple days." My mind instantly flashed back to the phone call, and I parsed my lips before pasting a smile on my face.

"Ok, do you need any help with packing?" I asked, keeping the smile on my face. "No, I got it." He said, kissing my forehead before moving towards the bed. Bending over, he gripped something from under the bed and tugged. A small black  suitcase was in his hand when he stood back up, which he placed on the bed before moving to the drawers. I moved to sit on the bed, watching as he packed for his trip. His muscles were rippling beneath his skin, flexing and releasing repeatedly. I found myself licking my lips and fidgeting where I sat, wishing that we were doing something else, something a little more dirty and sweaty.

Levi's nose twitched before his head jerked up, his eyes smoldering as his smell once again deepened. I squirmed in place, which only seemed to cause the fire to grow, Levi now leaning towards me and breathing deeply. His eyes stayed focused on me, watching as I wiggled around, feeling uncomfortable and needy. Moaning, I moved my hands to cover my crotch, but my moan seemed to have snapped Levi back to reality. Shaking his head, he pointed towards the bedroom door, trying to kick me out of the room. "You need to leave before I lose all of my control." He stated, focusing once again on packing. I could feel my mouth drop open in shock, my mate was kicking me out and he wasn't giving me any release from the tension running through my body.