Chapter 17

Waking up with Levi's arms around me has quickly become one of my favorite things, leading me to look forward to mornings. Today was no different, opening my eyes and feeling Levi's body pressed against me, hearing him mutter about another one of his crazy dreams. I've become used to it, expecting it even. I pressed a chaste kiss against his lips before slipping out of his arms and the warmth from the bed. I opened the curtains that covered the large windows to the right, letting the sun in. Levi would soon wake up, the sun softly stinging his skin.

Due to the status I had had in my old pack, I had missed the classes made just for studying and learning about Supernaturals. I never learned about the traditional culture of elves or the sensuality associated with nymphs. All of this has changed when I started my online classes, most of them related to Supernatural, with some basics such as math and english mixed in. As I thought back to my most recent class, having just taken place yesterday morning, I remember the shock I had received in my Supernatural Discovery class.

I had been raised with the knowledge that there were three head Supernatural Councils: Vampire, Werewolf, and Human. What I had recently learned was that there were actually four, the last being a species I had not been aware existed. Shifters, similar to Werewolves except for the animals they shifted into, lived around the world, choosing to stay away from other Supernatural. They shifted into a variety of animals, from bears to lions, hawks to crocodiles. Werewolves and Shifters were once considered one species, that is until Werewolves greed for power separated the species.

Werewolves stepped on anyone who got in their way, only focused on control and money. Shifters had very little tolerance when it came to Werewolves, their hatred rivaling those of Vampires. Werewolves never talked about Shifters, preferring to act like they didn't exist, even though some of their family were Shifters. It had taken me awhile to come to terms that I may have family members that I weren't aware of, never being told of them just because of what the shifted into. I had gone to Levi, asking him more questions about them, pestering him until he had finally just left, bringing back a book full of information on Shifters and their history.

Sighing, I brought myself out of my thoughts, and took care of my morning business. I quietly left the room, shutting the door behind me, and walking down the stairs to the apartments kitchen. I had taken to making breakfast for Levi and I, enjoying the peacefulness before someone would come barging in. I was just taking out some eggs when I heard Levi walk down the stairs, his feet barely making any noise.

"Glad you're awake, sleepyhead." I teased, setting the eggs down on the counter and turning to him. He was running his fingers through his hair, rumpling his hair even more, and making him look even more sexy. He stood in only boxers, a 5 o'clock shadow darkening his jaw. "Where's my morning kiss?" Levi pouted, setting his hands on his fists, causing his muscles to tense and ripple. Licking my lips, I stared at him, my mind wandering to a different area I want to kiss, my shaft hardening. Groaning, I gave him a quick peck on the lips before turning back to the task at hand, trying to ignore the throbbing on my lower region.

Levi gave a discontented whine, his dissatisfaction clear at the short kiss. His attempts to tempt me into something more steamy were met with swats, as if he was a fly. Finally realizing that he would not be getting any lovin' from me, he stomped away to sulk in the living room. I made fast work of breakfast, sticking to eggs and bacon, drizzling blood on Levi's eggs for both taste and sustenance . I set up everything at the breakfast bar, calling out to Levi and being met with grumbling. I chose to ignore him, instead focusing on eating and planning my day.

Today I was going to have a chat with Celia, to understand more of what being a Hybrid entailed, and if I would still be able to stay with Levi. I've been changing recently, my senses seemed to have sharpened, something that should not happen as I was essentially Human. With my newfound senses, I could hear things from several rooms away, see farther and clearer, and my sense of smell was enhanced. I knew that these new developments could only mean one thing, but I was determined to find another cause for why this was happening. I was using excuses, believing that because this had taken almost a week to develop, that it could mean I was transitioning into a Hybrid. Celia had seemed to pick up on what was happening, making her both my enemy and alley as she could either help me or turn me into the Councils.