33. Mr. Nice Guy

33. NO MORE MR. NICE GUY

Saturday, 7PM

Although Joshua was far more competent for his job than Clayton had ever been, Julian still felt uneasy about leaving Cassie alone with him. It wasn't because he didn't trust Joshua, more so because he was anxious about having to be apart from his best friend. If anyone was to watch over her, he wanted it to be him, not some stranger that she'd only recently met.

And it didn't help that the two of them were separated by miles and miles, and if she happened to need him for anything or if she wound up in some kind of trouble, it'd take forever and a day for Julian to reach her at his condo in the city. However, despite all the distance between them, Julian knew that Cassie was in good hands with Joshua and that gave him – not a lot, but a little – peace of mind.

"Remember what I said on the ride over here," Cassie told him before he walked out of the condo. "Make him beg for it, Jules. His obnoxious ass shouldn't be able to walk for the next few days once you've finished with him."

"Oh my God, I'm going now! Goodbye!" Julian playfully rolled his eyes at her, not saying another word as he left to finally meet up with Aiden at the hotel.

He spent enough time at his place with Cassie, hours in fact, doing nothing but talking and messing around. In the time that he'd been there, he had received a handful of texts that he's yet to reply back to from Aiden asking what was taking him so long to get to the hotel. Julian forgot to tell him before the three of them left Aiden's house this morning that he'd be hanging out with Cassie for a while.

Aiden's impatience was cute, Julian thought; a bit annoying at the same time, but cute nonetheless.

. . .

LATER

"I have a reservation set." Julian smiled politely at the green-eyed woman standing behind the front desk. Her nametag read Michelle. "It's under Julian McAndrew." As he went to pull his wallet from his pocket to show his I.D the girl shook her head, smiling at him like she knew some secret that he didn't. "You don't need my I.D?"

"You're Mr. Grayson's bodyguard, right? He already checked in and confirmed everything." Michelle walked to the wall of keys behind her and grabbed one, giving it to Julian. "Only one room was booked under your name, so he told me to set you up in the suite next to his."

Right, because people can't know that we're here together, Julian thought to himself, forcing a smile as he took the key from the clueless girl. Damn, how did I forget to book an extra room?

"I don't know how I forgot to book an extra room for myself. It must've slipped my mind," Julian said to Michelle as she walked him towards the elevators. Aiden was in charge of bringing their luggage when he came, so Julian didn't have anything in his hands but the key to the suite that he wouldn't be staying in tonight. "Can't have people thinking that we came here together, right? Let alone sharing a room. The media would have a field day with that kind of news."