Chapter 3

I run as quickly as I can towards the curtains. As I get closer, I hear a male's voice. I can't quite distinguish it since the music is so loud but this male is talking with my Grandmama. It sounds serious. With the minutes passing, I can feel my heart racing ready to burst out of my chest. I can't wait anymore! I had to see. Pooka had beaten me. He was barking at the male now. I ran out.

"Di--mi--triii....." I spoke too soon.

The male standing before me was smiling. I had never seen him before but he looked so familiar. His body was rugged, his face so masculine, he was in great shape. His hair flowed with such grace. He was a sophisticated man. His eyes were so serious, so captivating. But he was nothing compared to Dimitri; Dimitri just seemed 10 times more of a man than this stranger did.

He grabbed my hand and kissed it. "Good evening Grand Duchess Anastasia," the male said.

I bowed. "Good evening sir," I said with some hesitation.

My grandmamma then quickly got up and smiled as she reached for me.

"Anastasia, this is Prince Dante. You two grew up spending summers and holidays together. You both were so fond of each other." Grandmama said happily as Prince Dante smiled.

I still hesitated as I was still examining Prince Dante. He is everything I imagined a Prince to be, ready to take the throne as King.

"That is true we used to run around in the gardens and Alexei and I would chase you and your sisters," Prince Dante said as I pictured my family once again.

"Oh, forgive me your imperial highness." He quickly said as he saw my sad facial expression.

I put my hand. "No need it's fine. I have mourned them. I know they would want me to be happy and please just call me Anastasia."

"As you wish," he said smiling in response.

The music changed and the lights lit up as if we had been in the dark.

Prince Dante grabbed my hand again, "May I have this dance?" He asked as I was gazing at the ballroom floor.

I looked towards my Grandmama. She smiled in approval.

I smiled back and responded, "Of course you may Prince Dante."

He bowed to Grandmama and walked me towards the ballroom floor.

"Please call me Dante." He said with a smile as we began to dance.