Chapter 4

I slightly smiled back as I responded, "Dante it is."

We danced on the ballroom floor as if we had done it before. I felt as if everyone was watching. All I could think about was Dimitri. I was remembering how gracefully we danced on the deck of the ship with the help of Vlad.

"Anya"

I heard a familiar voice. I looked up and it was Dimitri. I felt the butterflies in my stomach once again. I couldn't help but smile.

"So do you remember me?"

I was flustered, "of course I remember you silly!"

"You do?"

Then I realized it was a fantasy. It wasn't Dimitri. It was Dante.

"Oh no, I'm sorry I don't," I said in embarrassment.

"Are you okay Anastasia?"

"I feel a little dizzy. It must be all the spinning." I replied.

"Oh, I will stop. Would you like to take a walk?" Dante asked with a tone of concern.

I took his arm, "yes... yes, of course, I think that'll help."

As we walked away from the ballroom, I saw my Grandmama smiling at me. She wasn't alone. Vlad and Sophie were with her. Vlad had concern written all over his face. Sophie just looked so perky and she kept winking at me. 

Where was Pooka though? 

My eyes searched for him. He was near the curtains again wagging his tail.

I looked again as I caught a glimpse of a pair of shoes behind the curtain near Pooka.

Was someone looking at me?

*Come on Anya. Forget it. It's NOT Dimitri. He left*

"This way, Anastasia." Dante lead me to the hallway.

I looked at Dante hoping to remember the past that once brought us together in my life before.

"Everything okay? Dante asked.

"Um yeah. I think so." I replied as I kept looking at the curtain where I saw the mysterious shoes.