Chapter 7

I was silent behind the curtains.

"Crap they found me Pooka," I said as Pooka and I were both alarmed.

The curtains started moving. I could see a pair of shoes underneath the curtains. I was hoping it wasn't a royal guard.

"Dimitri? Is it really you?"

"Vlad!" I said as I saw the figure from behind the curtain come through.

"What are you doing here Dimitri?" Vlad asked me as he hugged me tightly.

Short of breath, I managed to say, "Vlad... let... me... go."

"Oh yes sorry Dimitri," Vlad said as he released his bear grip.

"So tell me what are you doing here?" Vlad asked again. "I thought you took the train back to Russia."

Scratching the back of my neck, "Well you see ever since the incident last time with the train I didn't want to get on..."

Vlad chuckled.

"...but also I couldn't get on, Vlad." I went on saying.

Vlad looked at me intently. "Was it because of Anya?" he asked.

"Her name is Anastasia. She isn't Anya. She is the Grand Duchess Anastasia." I said as I looked away from Vlad.

Vlad chuckled. 'My dear boy, Anya and Anastasia is the same person."

"No Vlad. Anastasia is royalty. Anya was an orphan. Anya could have loved me. Anastasia can't." I said.

"Dimitri, you know that is not true. Anya was the 'stubborn brat' as you called her. Anya turned out to be Anastasia the Grand Duchess, but that doesn't change her heart or who she was when you meet her. It just gave her a title a family. No longer an orphan like she thought she was for 10 years. You both found each other and fell in love. You loved her since the very beginning. You saved her life during the revolution. You have to fight for her. She knows you didn't take the money." Vlad said trying to get me stay.

"She does?" I asked shocked.

"Yes, but she feels abandoned. Go to her. She is on the balcony. Go through the servant's hall so no one else can see you." Vlad told me.

"Thanks, Vlad." I smiled and hugged him as I headed to the balcony to find my Anya.