Chapter 10

"May I have a dance again, Anastasia?" Dante asked as we entered the ballroom.

"Why yes, Prince Dante. I'd be honored." I replied.

"No Duchess, I will be honored," Dante said as he took my hand and spun me around.

"I must warn you that I do not quite remember how to dance so I may be clumsy enough to step on your foot. I must apologize in advance." I laughed to Dante at my warning of clumsiness.

"If I recall, you were always a great dancer Anastasia and you still would STOMP on my feet!" Dante replied jokingly.

"Oh," I said embarrassed, "well maybe you just deserved it!" I replied sassily.

Dante laughed. "Yes perhaps."

It felt as if the music had stopped once we reached the center of the ballroom and as if Dante and I were about to perform. I felt everyone watching me. Our audience was waiting for a sudden movement or something. I felt absurd for overthinking everything that was going on around me. But then again this was my first ball in over 10 years.

Dante raised his hand, the music stopped. Dante then grabbed my hand and waist, nodded his head to the orchestra and a different music began.

The music was so triumphant, I genuinely felt as if I was performing in front of a grand audience. As Dante spun me around I look at my Grandmama. She smiled at me and I smiled back. Dante spun me one more time and I entered a whole new fantasy...

Suddenly, I looked up and there he was; DIMITRI! I smiled from ear to ear.

"Yes, Anya it's me," Dimitri told me with a cunning smile. "I couldn't leave you, Anya. I love you too much. I was about to leave to anywhere to forget you but you are so deep in my heart that no matter where I go, you will always be with me."

I closed my eyes and leaned in for a kiss when Dimitri spun me.