Chapter 21: Scripts

A/N: Posted TWO chapters today! Make sure you're reading the RIGHT one first! Chapter 20 should be read FIRST:)
***********************************
Chapter 21: Scripts

VIDEL'S P.O.V

"Ahem!" Mr. Crayer clears his throat in order to keep the students from talking further.

Morning classes has begun and we all take our seats and pay attention. I, on the other hand, glared at Gohan. He noticed and avoided eye contact with me.

"As you all know, for your final this semester, we are putting on a play for the school. I know the other teachers are having their students take written exams but I would rather see you all perform than sit at my desk watching most of you miserably fill in the wrong answers on you exams and fail my class." Mr. Crayer looks at Sharpner specifically, who sat by the window.

"Come on, Teach. Why do you gotta look at me when you say that?" Sharpner responds to it.

A few people snicker at the comments being made. Crayer sighed and tells us to take out the play scripts that were handed out the day before.

"Excuse us, Sir." Tania raises her hand then points at Gohan, "Gohan and I didn't receive a script."

"Ah yes, you two." The teacher grabs two green books and gives it to the two in need of one, "Why were you both gone yesterday? Nothing horrible happened I hope."

"No, Sir." Gohan, who sat to my left spoke, "Something important between our family happened and we were forced to stay home."

"I don't know about all that..." I pitch in.

"Videl..." Gohan says.

"I'm just stating my honest opinion. You and Tania were having a picnic after school yesterday after all."

"Yes after school, but definitely not during school." Tania, who sits to my right, replies.

I look at her in the eye and saw a hint of anger in them.

I thought back to the look she gave me at the park.

Back there... She gave me a similar look too. I wonder why?

"What was so important that caused you guys to miss class?" Mr. Crayer questions.

"We actually prefer not to speak about it. It's a long story and we don't want to take time away from your class, Mr. Crayer." Tania answers.

"Oh right. We do really need to begin rehearsing for the play."

The teacher then goes down the stairs and tells us that instead of sitting down and reading, we will instead stand in front of the class and read but with no acting yet so that we can get comfortable being seen by everyone.

Some people pouted but decided to do it anyway.

"All right! Scene 1: Videl get down here, please." Crayer calls my name.

"I'll be right there." I stand out of my seat and head to the front.

"The narrator will need to be down here also. Ren, that's you!"

"Alright." The blonde groans as he made his way down from his seat.

He smirked at me but didn't say anything out his mouth. He stood behind the podium and waited for instruction.

I look at my script. Only my part and the narrator's lines were in the first scene. Apparently, my character is staring out the window daydreaming about her future.