Chapter 31: Previous Owner

"No matter how hard I try, I just can't stop thinking of Wisheater." I say as I walked throughout Capsule Corp with Bulma.

"I understand how you feel but try and have more faith. That sword of yours will be in your grasp once more, trust me." The blue-haired woman tries to reassure me.

I then remembered to ask the woman but she only replies, "That girl is very sick. It's not wise to bother her too much so I won't allow you to talk with her as of right now. I'm sorry but you'll just have to wait until she gets better."

"All right..." I sigh but understand.

I guess Plan A can't play out...

We get to one of her living rooms and saw Trunks in there playing with one of his toys. It had been a while since I last seen him and oh my was he getting big. He had at least grown a couple more inches.

"Trunks, a guest is here." Bulma talks.

Trunks looks at me but then gives all his attention to his truck again. Bulma pulls him by the ear, "Didn't I tell you to greet our guests when they visit?!"

"Ow Mom, quit it." He winced as his mother held on to him.

Eventually, she let him go and took me to a different part of the building. It had been a long while since I had been in there, but it was her lab, or technically, her father's lab that he shared with her.

"Ah Bulma," The old man swirls around in his chair once hearing our footsteps. He noticed me also, "Nice to see you too, Tania. How are you?"

I bow to show respect to my elder, "I'm good, sir. Thank you very much. How are you?"

"Ah, I'm fine..." He swirls his chair back to his computer, "but I've been very puzzled with what this device does."

"The minorokai, right?"

"Yes," Dr. Briefs replies as the kitten on his shoulder purrs, "There's no information whatsoever about it except for one thing."

"Well, what's that?" Bulma asks as she takes a peak over the man's shoulder.

Quickly she gasps, "That looks just like Eighteen!"

"What looks like eighteen?" I decide to see what's on the computer screen as well.

When I did, I saw a young man with black shoulder-length hair and icy blue eyes. His features did in fact remind me of eighteen.

"That has to be Seventeen, Dad."

Dr. Briefs nodded, "Yes, when I had typed in "Minorikai", it brought me to a site that shown a picture of a device never before seen on this guy's wrist. He actually told someone the name of it but refused to give details."

"Well, if he knows something about this thing, then maybe he's the person to go to to for the information I need." I declare, "Sir, do you have any idea where this guy is?"

He nodded and told me the coordinates.

"Okay, I'm gonna go get Gohan and-"

"Oh, I wouldn't count on that." Bulma interrupts, "I forgot that he gave me a ring earlier and told me that Videl had came over to practice her lines with him and is dead set on not leaving until she believes they're really ready for the play or something like that."

I narrow my eyes.

She's with him again?

I guess Bulma knew what I was thinking and sweat dropped, "O-Of course you can try to get her to go home."

"No, it's fine." I turn my back toward her, "Gohan's fine. I trust him."

I then head out of the household and lift my feet off the ground. I remember the coordinates Bulma's father gave me and headed off in that direction.

It took a while but once I landed on the island, I didn't see anybody there. I walked around for a bit and had seen quite a ton of animals of numerous species. They didn't bother me surprisingly and minded their own business.

However, when I went to admire some lions, someone appeared out of nowhere and tried to hit me; I backflipped a few feet and got into a stance. I dropped it once I had seen that the man who was shown on the computer screen was now in front of me in person.

"Who are you?" He asks as the impact of his fist hitting the ground drew out smoke from it, "I hope you're not here to take these animals."

"No," I respond, "I actually came here looking for you but thank goodness cause you actually found me first, Seventeen

"No," I respond, "I actually came here looking for you but thank goodness cause you actually found me first, Seventeen."

The guy raises a brow, "So, you know me...?"

"You look just like Eighteen and I heard stories that she has a twin brother who goes by Seventeen. So yeah... I know of you."

His facial expression only remained blank.

"You're not in my data, I have no idea who you even are."

"Well, that doesn't matter. I came here to ask a favor of you: Do you mind just telling me everything you know about the minorikai?"

Seventeen frowns, "I gave the name but I already told one of you that I refuse to give details about it."

"Look, you're the only person besides Ren who I know possessed that thing. Therefore, you're the only one who can tell me how it works."

"Ren..." He makes a face, "I know of him but even still, my answer is still the same."

"But just hear me out: The reason I came all this way was so I can get a lead on where that boy may be. You see, this is gonna sound crazy, but some guy who goes by the name of Mamoru took control of Ren's body and he just vanished off of the face of the Earth. I thought that maybe the Minorikai is able to send someone to a different dimension or something like that. That's why I came here to ask you about it." I explain the situation.

Seventeen only turns his back and walks away.

"The answer is still no. Get off this island." He says.

"Wait!" I shout, "Don't you care about the lives of other people?!"

The android stops and eyes me with the corner of his eye, "Hato is the one to go to."

He then flew into the air and went off somewhere else. I watch him as he leaves and think to myself.

Hato... the bird? So then, Gohan was right all along. He's the one to go to.

---

A/N - It feels like forever since I updated this story! Please vote and comment and have a great Saturday everyone :)