Chapter 32: Videl To The Rescue

VIDEL'S P.O.V

Today, Gohan was not present in our homeroom. His absence had drove Mr. Crayer nearly out of his mind.

He paces around the room multiple times muttering stuff to himself. Finally, he looks to Tania, who was busy studying her lines.

"Ms. Ayame! Where is your cousin?! Why has he missed school? The play will be starting in less than ten days!"

Tania sighs and answers, "Gohan's doing something very important. He told you that Ren and himself will be back in time for the play, so please relax."

"Relax?" The teacher comes walking up the stairs to where the girl is sitting, "YOU WANT ME TO RELAX?!"

Immediately, her face went blue.

"Err... "

"You need to chill, teach. If Gohan can't play the part, I'll just play it instead." Sharpner then winks at me.

"Yeah, like that'll ever happen." I reply.

Erasa leans back on her chair and crosses her feet atop the table while she placed her arms behind her head to give it support.

"Erasa, how many times must I have to tell you to get your feet off the table?" Crayer became annoyed.

The blond ignores him.

"Feet off NOW!"

Erasa gasps and falls over from fright. Many of the kids begin to laugh. I, on the other hand, ignore it and sigh.

I still had my mind on Gohan for some reason. It was like, ever since I found out he was Saiyaman, I began to feel some sort of attraction to him. Even back when I'd spend time with him during my flying lessons, I'd see him out of his nerdy clothes and into that blue gi that showed how great in shape he was.

I've gotten to talk to him and get to know him better. He's not a bad guy... at all.

I once more turn to Tania who resumed studying her script.

If I get closer to her, I can easily get closer to Gohan...

I bite on the the tip of my pencil and thought about what they had confessed to being not too long ago.

Those two hid their identities rather well... I can't believe they fooled me for quite some time.

"Videl?" My watch starts to receive a call, "Videl!"

Everyone's eyes turn to me as I answer the call.

"Yes, this is Videl. What's the emergency?"

"These crazy guys have a mother and her child tied up in some grocery store along with a few other hostages! Apparently, they won't let them free unless you challenge them to a fight." The police chief spoke through the other end.

"That's terrible! I'm on my way! What's the coordinates?" I push out of my chair and run straight to the door as I was given the directions.

Since I had been taught how to fly, I didn't need my jetcopter and instead just lifted my feet off the ground. When I eventually made it to my destination, I descende down from the sky, much to everyone's amazement and slam open the doors to the grocery store.

"All right! Who's causing all this mess?!" I crack my fists as everyone who was kept hostage inside cheered at my arrival.

"It's Videl!" They cry, "Videl's here to save us!"

"You better believe I am," I reply as I take a few steps forward, "Now where are these bad guys?"

"Try looking behind you, doll." The criminal appears behind me.