Life without Aamara

Sam's Pov:

I held her as she slept and thanked fate for giving me another chance with her. The last three months have been horrendous without her. I kiss the top of her head as I remember those appaling months.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As I walked away from her, I felt the pain rip my heart out. I had no choice, it was either hurt her now or hurt her more later. I chose to hurt her now. I know Aaron too well. He can never be angry with a hurt or crying Aamara. She has always been able to melt him with a single tear. I just prayed it worked now. It hurt that he was angry with me. I had sincerely hoped that they would accept Aamara and my relation and hopefully one day, we could have been a real family.

But they were just sand castles I guess. Obviously they wouldn't want some old horny uncle to be her guy. They are right though, she deserves someone young and fun, full of life and as vivacious as her, unlike me, who is old and scarred.

I walked into my cabin without turning for I knew the sight of her in tears would weaken my resolve. I picked  my already packed bag and walked out from the back door like a sneaky thief and coward. Getting into my truck was like make the decision final. I new if I left, I couldn't come back. But I guess, I deserved it for hurting my best friend and stabbing him in the back.

I drove for hours till I entered into my old city. It was here that my life began and ended, it was from here that I ran and stopped only because an angel called Aamara smiled at me. Entering into the city limits brought back old memories. It was here that I was betrayed and wounded, those wounds still remain unhealed.

I drove straight to my grandfather's mansion. So much had changed in the city in these 11 years but nothing changed at the mansion. Atleast on the outside. Except perhaps the electronic survelliance had improved. I identified myself and drove in. It took great will power not to drive back out. I had to clench my jaws tight and fight every urge in me to run as I got out of my truck and walked up the stairs leading to the massive mahagony gates.

Freak Sam, man up you can do it, I encouraged myself as I tried to ignore the bile rising up my throat. It was here, that I had sworn 11 years back to never ever come again, to grace these stairs as life took away every thing from me.

But as they say," Never say Never" 

So here I am unhappy but still awaiting the doors to open. I stood in front of the giant doors of a colonial styled structure that has been my family seat for over 150 years. Yup, old money, that's what my grandfather is. My eyes met with a pair of warm black eyes. They were young and full of life but currently glistening with tears, as were mine.

He had grown old, I noticed, but still stood tall and erect as he did when I was a child. His hair was now more grey than black and he had earned a few wrinkles but beyond that, he was still the same. The one who stood by me as life crumbled on my head, the one who was my father, my guardian, companian and friend. We starred at each other for a full minute before he stepped forward and pulled me into one of his massive and warm bear hugs.

"Welcome home Master Samuel", said my grandfather's butler, Cadbury. Pulling me into the hall, he continued, " I am proud of you my boy for comming back when you were most needed." He said so with a voice full of  pride as if I had won a war. But he has always been like this.

He lead me into a suite, I guess it was here that my grandfather now resided. Strange. My mind went back to our conversation of last night. He had called telling me to return. My horrid grandfather was dying and it was his last wish. I had snorted then, as if I cared whether the S@B lived or died, but Cadbury had asked me to to this just for him. I could never say no then. I don't regret coming here because I got to meet my father, cadbury, if I ma call him that, after almost a decade.

I had to leave Aamara and this had made it easier. I shook my head to clear it of Aamara's thoughts and followed him into Gandpa's rooms. The sight of him, lying on bed, all frail and weak shook me completly. For me he was the formidable monstor with a voice that boomed in the house. His eyes scared the living day light's out of me as a child. But now, he was like a baby. I wanted to laugh at him. Karma really is a bitch. But he is my grandfather and he was on tubes and wires of all kinds. Attached to the many monitors next to his bed, he was being fussed on by a doctor and a team of nurses.

I smiled at him and sat on the chair next to his head. He moved is hand very slowly and laid it to rest on mine. His words came out as a whisper interspaced with wheezes and painful sounding cough. " Welcome home son. You have grown up well. Thank you for coming." I didn't know what to say, so I stayed quite. He smiled at me, genuinely smiled, he never did that. He continued speaking very softly as if he wanted to say those words but it pained him to speak, " I know son that you hate me and rightly so. I have always been a monster to you, I guess I was taking my anger on your father onto you. I know my appologies wouldn't suffice but please, one day, perhaps, you might find it in you to forgive me just a little. But now, I am a dying man and only hope that you make peace with me. You are the last of my family and I want to die knowing that atleast you were here for me. Please son."

"Damn right old man! I will never find it in me to forgive you. Never will I make peace with me. You can die for all I care." I turned to leave but he caught hold of my wrist and begged. I have neverseen him a broken man. He always held himself above the rest but now, he was sobbing his heart out, begging for forgiveness. I couldn't see him like this. I bent down and touched his face and said, " Gramps, I forgive you, please stop crying. " His face lit up like a christmas tree and he opened his arms to hug me. 

I was moved. He had finally accepted me. I hugged him tight and said, " Thank you Gramps." He too gripped me tightly, said my name and closed his eyes. He breathed his last in my arms and I sobbed for him, for us and what could have been if we had patched up earlier.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The funeral was a week later. His will was read before that. He had bequethed me with everything as well as his business. I was now the CEO of Magna Inc. Rich and powerful as he was, even more so as my own wealth was immense. Yup I had earned millions in these 11 years through the stock market. Lonliness made me work real hard and it was now catching up with me again.

Gramps apparently was a great man outside the house. I realised this at the funeral. Every one I met welcomed me back and promised to support me as they supported him. And they kept their promise. I worked hard the next few months, proving my mettle and gaining their respect. Suddenly I wanted to be just like my grandfather, atleast in business.

Days turned into weeks ans they into months. I became a workaholic again but what ever I did, How ever busy I tried to remain, she was always in my thought. I had told Cadbury all about Aamara. I remembered her every minute of the day and I guess spoke about her whenever I was with him . He helped me ease the pain. He stood by me through it all.

Today was a special day. It was my wife Ann's and son's birthday. I had never visited her and my son Mason in these many years. Today, I felt like I could go visit them today. Tell them about Aamara. Hope that they would accept her.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What do you think? Will they? Accept Sam's love for Aamara?

 on the right is a pic of sam alone without aamara

Please comment and vote if you like...

silent readers hurt...

so please comment and let me know what you think...

cheers to you all for reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!