Chapter 49

After work Nicolas drives me home and I change the kids and we go to the grocery store so I can make dinner. We slide out the car and we go inside. "Don't drop anything kids. And stay by my side" I say as I grab a cart. I sit Katherine on the cart and put the belt on. Nathaniel walks beside me holding my left hand while I use my right hand to push the cart.

"Mommy can we get this?" Nathaniel says as he holds a chocolate bar. "Nope. That's gonna give you cavities" I say as I put it back to where it was. "C-cavaties?" Nathaniel tries to say cavities and I say "Yes. Cavities. It's going to hurt a lot on your tooth"
"Bad chocolate. Bad" he says as he hits the chocolate bars.
"Okay your punished them enough let's go" I say as I pull him.

While I look for the best meat Jeremiah comes next to me.
"Hey. What you cooking today?" He says.
"I don't know something with meat" I chuckle.
"Hey. How about you and Nicolas come for dinner at my place?"
"Really?" I ask.
"Yes. I'll make you guys some delicious pasta"
"Sure." I chuckle.
"I'll go put all this back" I say as I point to the food in my cart.
"Okay. I'll text you the time and place. Bye kids!" He says as we walk away and I nod. The kids wave at him and he waves back.

"Hey babe look. Jeremiah invited us to dinner at his house" I say to Nicolas through the phone. "I don't want to go" he says.
"W-what? Why?"
"I don't trust him. Why all of a sudden would he come see you? How did he know where we live?"
"He asked Maddy and I don't know why he came all of a sudden after all these years but I'm sure his intentions aren't bad."
"I'm not going end of discussion" he hangs up.
"Fine. Than I'll go" I say angrily to the phone even though he can't hear me.

5:30 pm...

I start to get the kids ready for dinner and when I'm done I start to dress up. When I'm done I go downstairs to the kids. "Let's go guys!" I say as I grab the car keys and my purse. I start the car and drive away.

*knock*knock*

"Hey!" Jeremiah says as he pulls me into a hug.
"Hey. Thank you for inviting us" I say as we pull away.
"No problem. Hey kids" he waves at them.
"Nicolas couldn't make it. Work stuff you know" I say with a apologetic smile.
"Yeah its fine. More food for us" he laughs and moves from the door to let us in. I mouth 'thank you' as we walk in.
"You have a nice home" I say as I look around. (Picture above)
"Thank you"

We walk to the living room and we sit down. "The food is almost ready. Until than try some of these snacks" he says as he places a plate of chips and sauce. I nod and eat some.

When we're about to eat it's already 6:00 pm. Suddenly there's a knock on the door and Jeremiah goes to open the door. Nicolas barges in and grabs me by the arm and pulls me out my seat. "Nicolas-"
"Get your stuff now"
He helps me with the kids and we make our way to the door.
"Don't you ever..." Nicolas punches Jeremiah so hard that he falls and there's and bruise already forming on his jaw. "...come close to my family ever again! "

"Nic-" before I can finish he pulls me out the door and slams it behind him.
"Nicolas! What was all of that for?! Do you have any-"
"Don't! Just.... don't" he says loudly but at the 'don't' he says it softly and his eyes get teary and his voice shakes. My eyes widen and stare at him as he calls 911.

"Nicolas what's going on?!"
He tells the cops Jeremiahs home address and Jeremiahs full name. "Nicolas please what's going on?" His hand hardens on the wheel and his knuckles turn white. He goes way above the speed limit. "Nicolas please be careful we have kids on the back of the car!"