Two: James' Mission

JAMES SIRIUS POTTER: "YOU! How DARE you disobey me, James Potter!" I had at last returned to my present day home after quite the adventure of time traveling. Mum ripped the time turner from my grasp and vanished it away with her wand.

"YOU HAVE JUST BECOME OF AGE AND THIS IS HOW YOU CHOOSE TO WASTE YOUR MAGIC?!" She pulled out the chair to our kitchen table and angrily plopped into it.

"Look, mum. I'm sorry. I just-"

"You were being irresponsible. You know not to go into your father's desk! He has items he's taken from criminals as an auror. You know that stuff is dangerous. You know you're forbidden to get in his desk!"

"Yes, I know. Rules have never stopped me before now, have they?" I added smugly. I wasn't going to let this witch ruin my mood; I had just time traveled for the first time and I felt amazing.

"You're just like your uncle George...and Fred. If he were here, he would be the only person proud of you." She mumbled. My uncle Fred had always been a bit of a touchy subject with her; she was his sister, after all. I sighed and placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Mum, I'm sorry. I won't illegally time travel ever again. I promise." She chuckled slightly.

"You're still grounded. Where's the other time turner?" She asked. My heart froze. Other time turner? Oh, crap.

"Erm...other time turner?" I started. I thought back to what I'd just experienced...the girl. She saw me....and I dropped it. The girl must have the time turner. Well, I'm in trouble now. "Funny story that is...heh heh..." I spoke in an undertone. Her eyes shot at me like darts.

"I'm not in the mood for jokes James. Where is the timeturner?" Her eyes were almost as fiery as her red hair. I gulped nervously, and scratched my neck. It was a bit of a nervous tick of mine, laughing, pacing, and scratching my neck.

"I might've dropped it..."

"DROPPED IT!? YOU DROPPED A BLOODY TIMETU-"

"Ginny!" Both of us turned to see my aunt Hermione and uncle Ron in the entrance of our kitchen. They each took a seat at the dining table and awaited our explaining.

"Your nephew SNATCHED away TWO timeturners from Harry's work desk!" My mum explained, sitting beside Hermione, and pressing her fingers to her temples.

"James Potter! What did you do with them?" Hermione asked sternly.

"Well, I used it of course."

"HE DROPPED ONE OF THEM IN A DIFFERENT TIME ZONE! I wouldn't have even known he was up to no good if Albus hadn't of seen him and informed me!" She shot. "Now he has to go back and get it!"

"What time zone did you go in James?"

"I was bored so I just went to Hogwarts in different time zones...I think that time zone was 1976?" she froze, and shot me a worried glance.

"Did anyone see you?"

"No-well I don't think so-"

"James Sirius Potter did anyone see you?!" Hermione said impatiently.

"Erm...yeah. A girl with red hair, she saw me and I ran away. That's probably how I dropped the necklace."

"So, you're telling me that a girl with red hair in 1976 saw you with a time turner at Hogwarts, and you dropped it?! What color of eyes did she have?" Well, that was an odd question. I knew after all of these years it was best not to question my family.

"I don't know, it was dark! I think they were green, maybe? I don't know."

"JAMES THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN YOUR GRANDMOTHER! THIS IS NOT GOOD!" My mum yelled.