Twenty One: Can't I Enjoy Breakfast Without Mentioning Azkaban Escapees?

LILY: "She was probably the one snoring last night, I reckon."

"Shut up Sirius! We don't want to wake her. Besides, that was you who was snoring."

"Me? I was asleep!"

"Your older self, you absolute twat! Now come on, we don't want to wake her. She'll snap our necks."

"Come on Remus, don't be so scared. This is Evans we're talking about."

"Exactly!"

"You two have approximately five seconds before that prediction comes true." I murmured, opening my eyes and glaring at the two of them.

"Told you." Remus said, dragging Sirius out of the room.

Well, I guess I was awake now. I smelled the delicious scent of pancakes and sausage from down the hall. Breakfast time.

Since I didn't exactly pack clothes to change into, I brushed my hair and wore the clothes I slept in as I went down to breakfast.

"Ah, morning Lily." The young Remus said. Sirius winked and added four sausage links to his plate.

"Good morning Remus, Sirius." I said crossly, taking a seat beside Tonks.

"Lily! It's lovely to see you." The woman whom I assumed to be Molly Weasley now entered the kitchen with a bright smile on her face. "Have some breakfast dear, don't be shy now. Help yourself."

"Oh, I'm not shy." I said, adding a few sausage links to my plate. "Thank you, Molly."

"You're welcome dear, are you boys finished?"

"Finished?" Sirius scoffed. "We've only just begun! Your cooking is phenomenal." Molly's face reddened and she patted Sirius's shoulder before returning to the kitchen.

"Any word from James? I'd imagine he's freaking out." The table silenced at the mention of James. I sighed and cleared my throat.

"Let me just clear something up. I'm dead. We all know that, and you all have to bloody accept it."

"Lily!" Remus' older self shot. I shot him a look of warning and he sat back down.

"James is too and I know it. You all can stop jumping at the mention of our names. Also, you can all stop staring at me like you've seen a ghost, because I am very much alive." Sirius' older self stood from the table and we exchanged glares before he stormed out of the room. Remus followed after him.

Remus and Sirius' younger selves stared at me in surprise, Sirius wasn't even touching his food. Now, that's a surprise.

"I don't know about you lot, but I'm hungry." Tonks and I ate in silence while Remus and Sirius continued looking surprised.

"Close your mouths you two, you'll catch flies."

"So, you're just okay with all of this then?!" Remus shouted. That even took me by surprise. Remus did lose his temper on occasion, but never at me!

"I'm not okay with it, but it's the future. It's the truth. We can't-"

"What the hell is wrong with you Lily?"

"Remus-" Sirius started.

"Shut up, Sirius!" Remus turned back to me. "This isn't like you; it isn't like you at all! The Lily I know wouldn't just hear this news and accept it. The Lily I know would be absolutely shocked to hear such news of her future. The Lily I know would put a stop to it!"

"Well, the Remus I know wouldn't be shouting in such a monstrous manner!" His face paled, and he bit his lip in fury. His knuckles were clenched to the point they appeared completely white.

"Monstrous." He said through gritted teeth. "Great choice of words." He stormed away.

"Where might you be off to?"

"Hogwarts!" The door slammed, causing the decorations on the wall to sway slightly.

"Not cool Evans, not cool." And just like that, they both left.

Perhaps I'd been a bit harsh.

"Well, and then there were two." I said to Tonks. "Sorry about that." She shrugged.

"Sirius and Remus, well, my Sirius and Remus have been a bit on edge lately. Sirius is a wanted murderer after all, and Remus his assistant."

"Yeah, it's not them I blame. Or my Sirius and Remus. We're all on edge." She nodded in agreement.

"There's more." Her hair turned a shade of dark red. I'd witnessed stranger things than that so I didn't think twice about it. "We got news this morning." She passed me the morning's daily prophet.

"Azkaban breakout, includes well-known criminal Bellatrix Lestrange. Said to be the work of previous Azkaban escapee, Sirius Black."

"Bellatrix Lestrange...I recognize that name."

"A relative of mine and Sirius'. She's awful. You've probably heard her name around school in your time, she's with the death eater wannabe lot of Hogwarts." Now I know where I'd heard it. Back when Sev and I were friends, he'd brought up her name a few times.

"Oh." Was all I could say. I mean, what do you say to that? "So, this means..."

"It means that the world is in even bigger danger. The ministry chooses not to believe it, but Voldemort is out there and getting stronger. Now, his servants are returning to him." Tonks finished.

"I have a few choice words that I could definitely say right now, but being as Molly is in the other room, I think it'd be disrespectful to speak them."

"Good choice on your part, you should see what she did to George over the summer when he slipped up." She smirked slightly.

"You know," I said, pushing the prophet aside. "I like you, Tonks. You're just so patient in all of this mess."

"Believe me, I've had my days. But in a family like mine, being patient is all you can do." She laughed, I couldn't help but join in as well.

I heard a shriek from the other room. Tonks and I instantly stopped our laughter. We exchanged glances before we both withdrew our wands and ran from where the voice emerged.

It came from the back room. A fire was burning brightly, and McGonagall's head was it in.

Let me rephrase.

It was the fire messaging thing that Sirius had used when he spoke to Harry in the common room. She wasn't decapitated. I promise.

"Minerva! You scared the daylights a out of me." said Molly. Tonks and I stood by her side.

"Something wrong, Professor?" I asked.

"I'm afraid so Miss Evans."

"What happened? Are Ron, Fred, George, and Ginny alright?" Molly asked.

"Yes," she assured. "But Harry isn't. You and you need to report to Hogwarts immediately."

I know some of this stuff doesn't happen until order of the Phoenix, but that's the point. Psst, it's a fanfiction! 😊

THANK YOU FOR 4K READS!