Epilogue

LILY: "Right in there Lily, would you like me to leave you alone?" James...my James asked. I nodded gratefully and opened the door to Alice and Frank's room.

Neville was here, just like I expected him to be. I hadn't noticed him anywhere in the school today and knew he would be here. He stood up from his chair immediately.

"Gran I'm sorry, I had to see them---Rose?" I smirked.

"Just like your father, so polite. Great at keeping secrets. Drop the act, I know you knew." He sighed.

"I recognized you the second I saw you, you look just like---"

"Like in the picture?" I finished for him. He nodded, and brought it out of his pocket.

I observed it and smiled in memory.

"Could you maybe...sign it?" He asked sheepishly. "I mean, you were my mum's best friend. It'd mean a lot to have something of yours, even a signature."

"Neville, no need to be nervous love. Of course, I'll sign it." He handed me a spare quill and I signed it with a small "L" in the corner.

"Who's she?" Alice asked from the corner.

"She looks...familiar?" Frank questioned.

"I always knew you two would wind up married." I said, smiling to myself. "You never believed me Frank, you thought Alice would find someone better, but there's no one better than you Frankie. Same with you, Al." They both looked at me questioningly.

"Lily?" Alice mumbled. "That is your name, right?" I'd never seen a kid smile so brightly.

"Yeah mum, that's her name,"

I quickly hugged Alice and Frank, as I needed to give them some alone time with Neville. I hugged Neville as well.

"No one will remember any of this, but you will. Just keep that picture."

"Of course."

And I went back out with the two James' for my next stop.

•••••

"Are you sure you want to do this?" James Sirius asked as we approached Privet Drive.

"Positive. This will be a legendary first prank." I said.

"That's my girl, " my James said excitedly. "Go get 'em."

I knocked on the door to the small house. With Petunia's high standards, I thought she could've done better.

A pudgy boy opened the door.

"Who're you?" He asked.

"DUDLEY! MY DEAREST NEPHEW!" I shouted. He stepped back, horrified. Vernon came into the room next.

"What's this? Who're-"

"VERNON, MY BROTHER-IN-LAW!" He stared at me, horrified. Petunia came next, and turned ghost white when she saw me.

"L-L-Lil--"

"TUNIE! I walked up to her and hugged her, which was hilarious because she shrieked.

"HOW DELIGHTFUL TO SEE ALL OF YOU!" I said in a false tone of cheerfulness.

"I'VE COME BACK FROM MY GRAVE TO WARN YOU! IF YOU LOCK MY BOY IN A CUPBOARD, DON'T GIVE HIM PROPER SERVINGS, OR LAY A HAND ON HIM, I WILL DRAG YOU INTO THE COFFIN WITH ME! AM I MAKING MYSELF CLEAR?" No one answered, as the three of them looked terrified. I smiled brightly. "GREAT! Toodles, then." I waved them off and met back with James and James. They looked a mixture of terrified and impressed.

"Ugh," I complained. "How do preppy girls do it, talking in that high-pitched, happy tone all the time? I think I'm going to explode. Anyways, are we going then?" James laughed, and kissed me lightly on the lips.

"Yes...I know you aren't going to remember this, but I'm madly in love you Lily Evans. That was the best prank of all time."

"You know, you aren't so bad yourself, Potter." He blushed and I kissed him before he could say anything else stupid. Not before saying I love you too.

"Now, are you two finished? Because we've gotta go."

"Heh, okay. Let's go guys."

•••

And though they didn't remember it, they set time right. James got quite the lecture from his parents and a three hour time turner safety lecture from his aunt of course. But at the end of the day, everyone was grateful he was home.

Lily and James continued pestering each other throughout that year, but slowly they fell in love, and well, you know how the story goes from there!

But what we often forget about is the boy called Neville Longbottom who still carries the picture in his robe's pocket; the picture with a small "L" written in the corner. Though the others forgot, Neville would always remember seeing his parents smile for the first time in quite some time.

In the end, all was well.

The end.