Ten: Green is Your Favorite Color. Congrats! What Does That Mean, Exactly?

LILY: "What would you like to discuss, Professor?" Remus asked after a few moments of silence. She drummed her fingers on the table, and scanned him up and down.

"I'm assuming you four have questions about this time era. I'm here to answer them...the ones I am able to answer, that is. I can not tell you four how your lives are. Do not ask." James seemed uneasy, like Remus looked around full moons.

"Professor," James spoke.

"Mr. Potter..." McGonagall interrupted. "I have a feeling I know what you're going to ask, and I suggest you do not ask it. He's a fine boy. No need to meddle into the matter." She seemed pained. Like each word she spoke to James was the equivalent to a thousand bullets.

"Okay...thank you professor," he mumbled. I didn't know what they were discussing, but I decided not to press into manners.

"Professor," I piped, "Is Severus Snape-"

"Severus is a professor at this school. Potions. You four will address him as Professor Snape and nothing else. Understand?" She asked, mostly directing it towards the boys.

"Understood." The three replied.

"What will we do about full moons?" Remus blurted out. "If we're going to be here all school year, then obviously we need-"

"Mr. Lupin, you mustn't worry. The shack is in the same place as it has always been. And I assume you three have your routine figured out by now." They nodded.

"Wait--Evans knows?" Sirius exclaimed.

"I've known since first year, actually, I caught onto it before you gits," James and Sirius seemed stunned, and Remus and I laughed. We had been betting how long it would take the guys to figure out I knew.

"And I'm assuming you three know to keep your secret just that." McGonagall interrupted. "Unregistered animagi, that's no laughing matter. I presume you know that?"

"Yes professor."

"Good." She paused, "any other questions?"

"Yes," I said. "You-know-who." She retorted at the name, the guys did as well.

"I-I can't lie to you four." At the mention of Voldemort, her eyes regained the look of loss they had had. I connected the dots to assume she had lost someone to Voldemort. Perhaps it was to be an untouched subject.

"The ministry chooses to believe You-know-who is only a rumor amongst our kind. However, he has returned. He is returning, I mean. Gaining followers, known as death eaters. Each of the followers have a "dark mark", or a tattoo of a skull of their forearm. Beware you four, and remain cautious. If the death eaters find out you have such items as a time turner, you will become a target." We sat in a tension-filled silence. Us be targets for Voldemort? Just the thought of it gave me chills.

"You must remain cautious, however, do not worry yourselves. I will help you adjust to our time, meaning if you have any questions, ask. Have any concerns? Ask. You know where my office is." The boys smirked.

"Of course we know." James mumbled, causing Sirius to nudge him in the side.

"On the bright side, this is a Hogsmede weekend, and I will make an exception for you lot. No permission slips needed." The guys pumped their fists in the air and I smiled.

"Thank you Professor."

"Now, you can all go. Unless you have any questions, that is." The guys said their thank yous and left, leaving me still in the chair.