Chapter 1- That's All I Need

Red X's P.O.V

I'm screwed. I am officially screwed, damned, whatever you wanted to say, that's what I was. I told myself to forget about it, but I guess I was just too stubborn to listen.

I had seen her flying above the buildings as I walked through the alleyways of the backstreets. It was so strange that I could actually sense that something was wrong, and it wasn't like I cared, but I still followed her anyways out of curiosity.

On the roof, I watched from the shadows as she mumbled things under her breath, pausing to look up at the sky or at the moon. Longing had taken over her mind, the pain of being separated from something she loved. I knew that feelings, and its the worst thing anyone could ever endure, human or giant wolf creature.

I knew I was crazy for saying something to her, for getting involved with her life that I knew I would screw up if I played any part in it, but I mean, what the hell do I have to lose. I just had to try once.

Her back stiffened when she heard my voice, and you could clearly see her muscles tense, but she didn't leap around to attack me. She just slowly turned her head so she could see me from the corner of her eyes. They narrowed when they caught sight of me, like they bore into my own gaze, something nobody had ever made me feel before. It was overpowering.

"Its about time you showed up, X Man." I was surprised to hear her speak, but not for the reason you may thing. When she had spoken to me directly in the past, I could sense hatred in her tone, like I was the enemy. Well, I am the enemy, but it didn't sound like that now.

I cross my arms and lean against the wall that separated us from the edge. "Bird Boy giving you a hard time, Princess?"

She scoffed, turning her whole body my way. She studies me for a few seconds before actually responding. "You have no idea." She begins pacing the edge, her back toward me. "Try have everything around you turning to lies and discovering your nothing more than a... a fraud with wings!"

Whoa, that was a little more than I had intended on learning. Sounded like tough times for this girl.

I dared to walk closer to her, and she reacted by leaping down from the wall and changing to her wolf form. My eyes widened at how huge she was, probably 6 or 7 feet tall. I had never seen the wolf up close, but it certainly was more terrifying than the regular wolves we have on earth. Her blue eyes were the thing that stood out in all that blackness, sharp and keen, like the eyes of an eagle.

"See something you like?" Her voice was very snappish, like she was just daring me to answer with a smart retort. I tear my gaze away and just look back out into the city.

She gives a small chuckle under her breath and turns back to her human form and hopping back up on the ledge. "So what brings you so far up in the sky?" She asked coldly. "I thought Earthlings were afraid of heights."

"Never knew you cared so much to wonder about me." I come up behind her and was able to see the expression on her face. I would have bursted out laughing if I wasn't standing behind one of the fiercest creatures to ever live, but the look of pure embarrassment was priceless!

She just shakes her head, kneeling down to sit on her knees. "Well it seems that we're both just 2 jackasses who care about why one is standing on some skyscraper."

"I have my reasons." I reply before taking a seat a few feet away from her. She didn't seem to be paying me any attention, but I never got the feeling that she wanted me to leave. "So what are yours."

I watched as her gaze met mine, and I could tell that she was debating on whether she should answer or not. "Lets just say that this planet has finally gotten the better of me."

I sneered. "I've gotten my ass kicked by this planet ever since I was a kid, and let me tell you, it isn't getting any better."

"Oh what could you possibly have to worry about." She asked, rotating her whole body so she was sitting on her hip. "You've practically gotten the hang of this place, but me, I've only been out in public maybe 3 times since I've arrived, and the people of this city still want me dead!"

"Seems like you not exactly the crown jewel of the team." I said, followed by a quick snicker from her. "But the times I've seen you here, you've looked as hard as stone. What could have happened to you today to make you finally crack."

Her head swirls around and looks me dead in the eye, and I instantly understood that 'crack' was not a word she liked being used.

She studies my face again, or mask I should say, for a good few minutes before cocking an eyebrow and placing her hands in her hips. "Why do you even care? Why should I even tell you anything to begin with, it's not like you would be interested in my suck ass life."

This was easy for me to answer. "Because right now, Princess, It doesn't seem like you have anyone else around you who is willing to listen."

I expected her to snap at me, but was surprised to see her eyes soften. "That is just all I need right now."