Chapter 5- Gonna Have Some Fun

I could have jumped for joy when night finally came. It had been so awkward through the whole entire day, even when we were training it was quiet, like we were just a bunch of strangers to each other.

That had been the worst time, because I actually realized that I was working, and by that I mean putting effort into it. It was pointed out by everybody that I was following the rules and performing the right moves that I have been working so hard to master. What the hell was happening to me! My badass rep would be gone in a week if I kept this up!

About an hour after everybody had went into their room, I finally got my chance to sneak out through my balcony and into the night. I had to go back into the city, just one more time to see if he would show again. I wasn't about to forget this, and like I said before, he wasn't about to get away so easily.

My eyes were peeled for any sign of movement in the shadows, but after flying around and searching non stop for about 20 minutes, it became hopeless. Finally, I just come to a stop at a skyscraper and perch on the roof.

Cars drove below me and people walked along the sidewalks, even thought it was almost midnight. I reach into my pocket and brush my fingers along not just 1, but 3 X stars as my eyes continued to scan the darkness. I guess I thought that carrying all of the ones I have collected would give me some luck in finding him.

I found myself actually wanting to find him, which is something I never thought I would admit.

As I stood there, I felt a small breeze behind me and the slight sound of footsteps land on the cement roof. "Thought you said you were leaving."

I turned around, to quickly for my liking, and seen him leaning against a wall to a stairwell, a smirk covering his face under the mask. "I guess the Earthlings convinced you to stay after all."

I  just scoff, trying to act casual. "I never got to bring up the topic, because Wonder boy just stayed locked up in his room."

"He has the tendency to do that." X leans up onto his feet and  begins to walk closer. "Trust me, I know."

I didn't even bother asking, because I believed him. "Well, right now, all I need is to forget about everything today, at least with you I don't have to feel awkward like back at the tower."

"Yeah?" He asked. "What happened there?"

"They just continue to act deaf." I sigh, scratching the back of my head. "They were worried about where I had disappeared to, but when the situation with my powers was brought back up, it was like they didn't even care."

He jumps up onto the ledge beside me. "They've always been weak. They just can't grasp that their way is wrong and never try to understand another angle. That's what Robin tries to do, but he does it wrong and gets dissed by the others."

I nod. "Its awful being treated like the bad guy, but its even harder when there's no one else that can relate."

He looks over at me again. "Well you have me now, and unlike them, I could care less what happens to you."

I laugh. "Well you don't know the whole story." I stretch out my wings. "The only reason I'm here in the first place is because I'm trying to free myself from a demon."

I wanted to continue, but was cut off by his snort. "I know about your demon. I mean, its pretty obvious, isn't it?"

I whirl around, shocked. I don't remember saying anything about it in the past. "You knew, and yet you're still letting me do this stuff? Usually when I'm being a bitch, I get scolded by saying how its not good for me."

"Please, to hell with the demon." He said. "Doesn't matter to me. You can take care of yourself, and your not exactly my problem to worry about."

I was dumbfounded. Never had someone actually been ok with me causing trouble, or just being myself. "I'm a monster, X, a cold blooded killer! How are you not afraid of me?"

He kept a blank expression as he spoke. "I've seen real monsters, and frankly, you don't have their smile."

I dig my claws into my thigh as I felt my heart begin to beat faster. "Where the hell have you been all my life?"

I could tell, even with a mask on, that his face grew red. "Your growing in me, Princess." He tried to play it off by joking. "Now are we just gonna sit here and have a deep life conversation, or are we gonna have some fun?"