Chapter 6- Just 2 Drinks

Red X's P.O.V

I could have swore that I would never have been able to pull that off, but somehow in hell, I did. I thought my plan was to shake her from my mind, but she always seems to find a way to crawl back in. It was very unnatural.

When I seen her the other day, freaking out on that roof, I just offered to be a tough shoulder to lean on and never guessed she would need me again. Honestly, I did care about my rep at first, and she was a threat in my eyes, but now it's like that never even crossed my mind.

The more I thought about it, the more I was convinced these dumbass heros were wrong about her all along. She never needed someone to help her, she just needed somebody to listen and let her just be herself. Lucky for her, I couldn't have cared less about what happened to her, because I was the villain and she was the hero, more or less.

We hopped from rooftop to rooftop, not even using our flying abilities. I had to hand it to the girl, she was a daredevil, back flipping over alleyways and running along the narrowest edges. "Do you have a death wish or something?" I ask as we come to a stop over Mainstreet.

She scoffs, catching her breath. "Live life dangerously."

She seemed so cool about this, never bothering her that we were from 2 damn worlds, and she was never worried at how much trouble she could get in. I quickly push the thought aside, reminding myself that I had nothing to worry about and she could take care of herself. It wasn't like either of us had any respect for the rules, and she made that extreamly clear.

"Do Earthlings drink?" I snapped back when I heard her speak again, and I seen her looking down to a small bar that was placed on the next block. "Or is that also frowned upon in the human world?"

I was surprised. "I didn't even knew Werewolves could drink."

Her head snaps around to face me, an eyebrow cocked, which was pretty hot. Wait... did I just say that? "Almost every night back on my planet, all of the juveniles would sneak away to the caverns and get as wasted as hell." She crosses her arms. "I may be a Princess, but I can take some shots."

This I had to see. "Prove it then."

Her eyes were challenging, the blue fire piercing my own gaze and I fought to look away again. "Fine." She hisses before opening her wings. "Just tell me if that store has a back entrance or skylight."

"I'm not telling you anything." My tone just annoyed her more. "You said you like challenges."

Without another word, she childishly sticks her tongue out at me before turning and racing off toward the store, leaving me watching alone on the roof. I clench my fist as I tried to force the feeling in my stomach away, cursing myself in the process. How did this wolf make me feel this way, and how do I get it to stop?

I turned and leaned back against the ledge, but was shocked to hear something behind my back a second later. "Did you miss me?"

My head swirls around to see her sitting back to back with me, 2 bottles in her hands. Damn she was fine... I mean good.

"You work fast." I say, taking a bottle as she swings her feet around the ledge. "Still confused on how your a hero."

She clamps her fangs on the cork and pops it off in one swift movement, taking a small sip before replying. "I'm not about to drown you in my whole life story, X Man, now start chugging like it's your job."

She tips the bottle and starts taking big gulps, not even stopping for a breath before half of the drink was gone. I pull my mask over my chin, not even bothering to turn my head away, and begin taking a few swigs, knowing from past experience to not go too fast.

"This stuff sucks." She laughs, reading the label. "I've gargled with things stronger than this."

"Are you wasted already?" Not even q minute in and she already had a buzz in her eyes.

She smirks, still taking sips. "You wish, I could gulp down 5 of these at once and still be sober enough to walk straight." She pauses and I feel her rotating around to prop her back up against my shoulder. "The stuff we have back home is made with the finest berries in the southern territory. One sip and you can hear colors."

I scoff. "Well I haven't met may people who know how to hold their liquor." Tipping my bottle back, I take another swig. "Let me guess... controlling family members, crazy friends?"

She surprisingly nods, staring up at the sky like thousands of names were now running through her head all at once. "Almost every juvenile on my planet is crazy, and we're all pretty much connected as friends." Her shoulders rise and fall with a long sigh. "Shamon has always disapproved of me acting like one of them. I can't really help it though, my friends practically raised me. Whatever they did, I copied."

"Well it's not to bad. Atleast you and friends to stick by your side through it all, unlike me." There was a small pause. "Ive had friends, but they've just faded over time."

I could practically hear her eyes roll. "Well when you live in the same camp with over a hundred wolves, it's hard to fade from someone's life. Every corner you turn, there's a familiar face." She then lets out a small chuckle. "I like it that way though, everyone close together as a pack. Sure I have enemies, but in a world of murder, who doesn't?"

Suddenly, I got a strong feeling of jealousy in my gut. I wonder what's it like, knowing you actually have trustworthy people beside you who are willing to take a bullet to the skull just to protect their friends. "Can I ask you something?" I turn my head to where I was looking down at her, my chin lightly brushing the top of her head as she gives a small nod. "Your friends... do they care if your possessed, or if you have a bit of human in you? Were you ever singled out?"

She was silent as I waited for a response. Her claws tapped the glass bottle in her hands as she seemed to searched for the best answer. "Every single day of my damn life." She whispered, a low growl rising in her throat. "I can win as many fights as I want, or slit hundreds of throats with my bare claws, but nothing will ever be enough to cover up the fact that I'm still half human... or possessed by a demon."

"I'm actually close to feeling sorry for you." I jeered, but after a sharp snarl from her, I learned my place. "Life is like a game of cards, Princess. You play the game right, you get the winnings. Lay down the wrong set and your screwed."

"I'll drink to that." She toasts, turning back around to face the city.

Despite that playful attitude, I could tell the wolf wasn't very eager to keep talking as she lifted her bottle and downed about half of what was left inside. Hell, I'm surprised I was able to get that long of a conversation out of her. She must have been struggling her whole life to keep that stone heart of hers pumping, yet somehow, she still manages to see that packs of hers as if they were some godlike creatures. No wonder she wants to get back to them so badly...

Still... if she was fully dedicated on that one goal, why isn't she on a ship now with a knife around Bird Boys neck? Something was keeping her here, some weight at the back of her mind that renders her unable to go back.

The question is, what?