Chapter 3- The Third Star

And that was just the beginning of one of my best nights on earth. He took me everywhere around the city, introducing all the bustling hot spots that I was sure going to hit up sometime, and just showing me what the Titans never allowed me to experience.

The sun was just beginning to peek over the ocean as we sat on top of a building, just engaging in casual conversation. Well, almost casual.

"And he came back to camp with a huge scratch across his face." I described the incident, slashing my own claws across my eye. "It was so deep you could see the bone! With the blood coating his pelt, he looked like the spawn of Wolvbade! Now he has the sickest scar to show for it."

I had just got done telling X about the time when one warrior from my pack had been jumped by a group of drunk Southerners. Usually, they're not to hard to beat, but when you're outnumbered by 6 and their armed with broken bottles and knives, you got something to worry about.

"Did he lose the eye?" X asked, taking a bite out of the apple he was eating. His body was turned in a way where I couldn't see his face, or just the part that was uncovered by the mask pulled over his mouth.

I shook my head. "No, but he still is missing fur that was never able to grow again." I lean back to where I was laying on the edge of the roof, staring up at the sky. "I've always wanted a cool scar over my eye, it would boost my coolness factor be like 50%!"

"Won't scars ruin your face?" He throws the core over his shoulder and finally turns back to me while pulling his mask back down. "It's also just a reminder of something that was actually able to hurt you."

I arch my back to where I was staring at him upside down. "Not to us Werewolves. If you have a scar anywhere on your body, it's a huge bragging right!" I roll around to where I was lying on my stomach, swinging my feet above me like a kid. "And scars aren't a bad reminder, it's just something that shows you were stronger than the thing that tried to hurt you."

He just chuckles. "Your full of inspiration, aren't you Princess?"

"I like being remembered." Very true, I always made sure that I was able to stick myself in other people's mind, what better way to do that then catchy quotes?

"Well, you have a way of sticking in my mind." His tone was joking, and it made me again smile.

I look back over to the ocean and see that the sun was almost fully above the horizon, I should be getting back before the Titans choose to come looking for me. Considering all the trouble I've already gotten into, they surely didn't need to see me hanging out with one of their most feared enemies.

"I need to be heading back, sadly." I say, sitting back up again. "Go and face whatever shit they have planned for me next."

I rise to my feet, fluffing out my wings in the breeze and stretching my back to get out a small cramp. When I realized I never heard a response, I turn around to find the space bare of any sign someone was every there. I let out a long, annoyed breath as I just shook my head, this guy was certainly good at disappearing.

I was about to go and search for him, but that was before my eyes caught sight of the red X ninja star. It was sitting right in the empty spot, same as the other 2 I still kept back at the tower.

I just reach down and pick it up from the ground. "Sneaky thief." I mutter to myself. "Don't think you're getting away so easily."

Pocketing the star, I open my wings and with one last glance behind me, I take off and begin making my way back to the tower.