epilogue

"Dakota, stop someone will see us." I laughed as he showered my face in kisses.

He grabbed my hand and led me away from the village, To a small clearing in the woods where we would always meet in secret.

Our clearing.

"I love you Autumn. " he whispered as he tucked a piece of silver hair behind my ear. "I swear to whatever God I find, I'm going to marry you one day. "

I smiled as I met his sincere blue eyes. "One day we'll run away. Just you and me. And we won't have to hide. " I said.

He replied by smashing his lips to mine and lifting me off my feet. Spinning me.

"Kota! " I laughed. "Stop you'll make me dizzy. "

He stopped and set me down again. He smiled sheepishly.

"Soon, ill be able to take care of you. To marry you. I swear I'll be the best man I can. " he whispered in my ear.

"Promise me?" I said. "That it'll be you and I forever. No matter what the village, our families-anyone does to try and stop it."

" Autumn, baby, I promise with every fiber in my being. " he said placing a soft gentle kiss to my lips.

Dakota Warren was my best friend. My lover. my world. For over a year now.

Even If this love we shared was forbidden, and I was to marry another at the age of 17... It didn't matter.

Because nothing could pull me from Dakota. And I, from him.

That was until a piercing scream filled the late night air and Dakota stepped away to see what was happening.

"Autumn stay here, ill be right back. "

"Wait no!" I yelled. But Dakota was already running off to see what was happening.

It felt like hours. But I suppose anything would, If you're waiting in the Dark woods alone. Occasionally hearing the cracking of twigs and the sensation of being watched.

"A-Autumn,Autumn!" Dakota returned to our secret clearing looking like he had seen a ghost. He grabbed my hand and dragged me along. "We have to go, now! T-the village, I-it's under attack. "

"By who?" I panicked.

His answer was like a bucket of ice water to my bones. "The werewolves. "

"W-what do we do?"

"We get far from the village-" he spoke but I cut him off.

"We can't just leave the entire village to die, we have family, friends-"

He cupped my face. "Autumn, listen to me. There's too many wolves. If we go back, we'll die. And I can't bare the thought of anything happening to you. For now let's get far away. And in the morning we'll return."

I nodded shakely and allowed him to guide him to the docks.
Once we reached a small wooden boat, Dakota helped me in and kissed Me hard.

" I love you. I'm going to take care of you. No matter what happens tonight. " he said.

"And I love you. " was all I could muster as I heard screams in the background.

He smiled and in that moment, something large jumped and landed behind Dakota.

A scream left my lips and kota turned around to see the creature.

It was a wolf. A werewolf

Dakota pulled a knife from his pocket. "Autumn, get out of here!" His voice shaking, "go!"

"I can't leave you. " I sobbed and that's when the wolf launched itself at Dakota.

He only managed to get a few unfatal cuts into the wolf. Before the wolf quickly over powered him.

Soon, the wolf was hovering over the only thing I cared for.

"Dakota. " I cried and the wolf snapped its intelligent eyes to mine.

I gasped and that's when a barely breathing Dakota slid a bloody hand and untied the boat from the post. He pushed the boat off and I knew it was so the wolf couldn't get to me. When it'd be done with him.

I sobbed into my hand and watched in horror as the boat drifted away. I couldn't keep my eyes off Dakota.

He coughed up blood and he tilted his head to look at me, to give me his last glance.

Before the wolf gave Dakota his last breath.

And bit into his shoulder, dragging him off into the dark.

That was the last time I would see Dakota Warren.

Or so I thought.