chapter 8

Autumn's pov.
My head hurt.

God my head hurt so damn bad I swear.

I didn't even want to open my eyes..but slowly I did.

The smell of food encouraging me to do so.

Once my vision settled, I found myself staring at a puffy eyed Dakota sitting at the edge of my bed.

"Whats.. what's going on?" I asked sleeply.

The look in his blue  eyes was all I needed, to have the memories of the night before come back.

Dakota and that girl .

The wolf.

The break down.

The suicide.

"Why are you here? Don't you have someone waiting for you at home? Where's my wolf? " My eyes teared up as I pushed myself away from him on the bed until I hit the head board.

Dakota only stood up and came closer.

"Autumn..I'm so sorry. I took it too far. And im so sorry. " he whispered. "I need you to understand I never stopped loving you."

"Bullshit " I sobbed.

Dakota shook his head, I havent seen him vulnerable in so long. "Autumn please..."

"Did you love me when you said all those terrible things? " I sobbed. "Did you still love me, When you slept with that girl the other night?"

Regret flooded his eyes. "I had to push you away.  And The girl...she's someone i knew, from when i left....I didnt sleep with her. We kissed and she wanted to be but i sear to you I didnt. I needed you to think we did. I needed you to hate me, and i needed to forget. Im so sorry."

I shook my head. "Get out."

"I'm the wolf. I'm your wolf. Even when I tried to push you away I was still there. I love you. I love you so fucking much I'd kill an entire village if it meant keeping you safe autumn. "

My head spun at his words. That wasn't possible. That couldn't be possible.

"You're a liar. " I stood up. "Get out! Get the hell out! Stop playing these games!"

Dakota shook his head and stepped back. And in a second, a black wolf with blue eyes sat in his place.
The wolf stepped closer. And lowered his head in submission. To me.

My heart pounded in my chest.

Everything was spinning.

"K-kota?" I breathed.

'It's been me from the start baby.' Dakota's voice spoke in my head making me jump.

"He how did you-" I cut myself off as more tears streamed down my face. I couldn't take this frustration.

'You're my mate autumn...a wolf can speak into his mates mind. Hear her thoughts when she's in distress. Once he's marked her. ' his voice filled my mind again. And suddenly the wolf was dakota again.

Dakota stood in front of me.
"You aren't crazy. " he held out a hand.

"What's a mate? How's this possible? Why would you...why would you play with my head? " I cried. Sick bastard.

Dakota's pained eyes met mine. "I didn't have a choice...autumn there's a lot of people that would jump at the opportunity to hurt me" his eyes turned dark. "In anyway possible. "