chapter 7

Autumn's pov.
"Just do it autumn. " I told myself. And i forced myself to walk closer the the cabin I had been to, just a week ago.

When dakota had taken care of my leg. I hadn't seen him since I told him about our unborn son...

He had just disappeared.

I had to talk to him.

I finally got up to his door step and knocked.

After a moment the door opened and I looked up expecting Dakota.

But instead, a half naked, dark haired and olive skinned woman smirking back at me.

I stumbled back.

She was fucking gorgeous.

And I was...well...autumn.

"Can I help you? I'm busy. " She said harshly and it was then I realized she had the same air of omniscience as dakota.

Dakota who appeared behind her, stone faced and glaring into my eyes.

But what really felt like a kick to the chest...

Was he was shirtless, passion marks all over his smooth skin...his hair a mess.

It didn't take much to know what I had walked in on.

"Do you speak?" The woman asked rudely but I had nothing in me left.

My heart felt like it had been stabbed with a dagger repeatedly.

"She's just lost. " dakota said as he came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

He gave me a hard look and kissed her neck.

"I must be. " I croaked and dakota snapped his green eyes to my blue ones before I ran off heart broken.

I don't know for how long I ran, but Jesus christ I ran my hardest, trying to put as much distance between us as possible.

I finally came stumbling and I fell to my knees.

I couldn't believe him.

One moment he's hating me. The next he's protecting me. And the next, he's sleeping with someone else.

But I had no right to be angry.

He wasn't mine...

He made that clear.

A small cry escaped my lips and I clamped my hand over my mouth. I was so tired of crying over him.

I pushed myself off the ground and I forced my legs to walk.

To make things worse it started to pour and I let myself cry. So I could at least tell myself it was the rain.

And not the hurt I felt in my heart.

I finally got home and my drunken father wasn't there. Which I was grateful for.

He hadn't been showing up lately. Since he had been attacked. For beating me.

I sighed and carried myself up the steps. I quickly drew a bath and peeled my wet and dirty clothes off of Me.

I stepped into the warm bath water slowly and let myself lay in it. I washed my long blonde hair. And then my pale skin.

I decided to lay back and close my eyes.

I wanted to just forget the pain.

Forget Dakota.

Forget everything.

Forget the son I almost had...

I must of fallen asleep. Because before I knew, I was startled awake by the water filling my lungs.
I had sunken into the bath.