chapter 5

"Hey Autumn" a voice said and I looked up from the blanket I was knitting.

A red haired boy with freckles and brown eyes stood in front of me, holding a white rose.

Mason.

The boy my father wanted Me to marry.

I forced a polite smile. "Hello mason. "

He chuckled and held out the rose to me. "This is for you. "

I stood up taking it. "That's very sweet of you. "

He smiled. He was attractive. But he was no Dakota. He wouldn't ever be.

He took my hand. "Let's go for a walk. "

I groaned internally and let him lead me away from my front porch. He guided us the make shift park of town.

"Did you want to talk about something?" I said. As we walked past some trees, I half wished the black wolf would come and take me away.

But I haven't seen the wolf in two weeks.

"Yes. I was wondering if you'd allow me to take you out. We could do anything you want." Mason said charmingly. He was a rich snob who always got his way. It wasn't hard to see that.

"You wouldn't regret it. " He continued and just as I was about to answer,

A strong arm pulled me away from him.

"She's not interested ginger" Dakota snapped.

"And who the hell are you?" Mason spatt.

But I hoped he didn't try to fight Dakota. Dakota was taller, but also a lot more muscular.

He looked like he could take out with no effort.

"I'm someone you dont want to cross. " kota threatened with a deadly glare. If I had Been mason I would of been terrified. Dakota had an air of ominousity around him.
Without another word he dragged me away into the woods.

Leaving mason angry and confused.

"Mason, I'm truly sorry, I'll be right back!" I said. and eventually Mason was out of sight.

"Dakota!" I said but he kept dragging me deeper into the woods. Rage radiating off him.

"kota!" I snapped and yanked my arm from him. he stopped and turned around.

His eyes glanced to the white rose from mason that I was still holding.  He took it from my hand and threw it far from where we were standing.

"Kota" I said in disbelief.
Suddenly and graciously, he pinned me to a tree.   his blue eyes locked with mine.
"What" he said through clenched teeth.

"What the hell ?" I yelled. "You can't just pull me from mason like that!"

He chuckled darkly. "Yes I can "

"Why?!"

"Because I don't like him. "

"And you think you can tell me who I can and can not court?"

" quite possibly. "

I raised my hand before I could stop myself and I was going to slap Dakota.

But he caught my hand, and held it.

"He can't have you" he said, inching closer.

"And whys that?" I said exhausted.

"Because I said so."

He then smashed his lips to mine. He kissed me like he might die and never get to do it again.
His hands held my waist possesively and he kissed me so deeply.

Our lips moved in sink and I brought him closer, our bodies pressed together. His lips were burning hot with passion and lust.

He pulled back and leaned his head against mine. "Autumn. " he whispered.

And for a moment vulnerability flashed in his blue eyes. His eyes seemed to want to tell me something. But he then pushed himself off me.

"I'm sorry. " He said backing away. "This was a mistake. I didn't know what I was doing. "

My heart broke inside my chest.

"You can't kiss me like that and tell me you don't have feelings for me" I said hurt.

He looked away. "Maybe I'm just good at faking it Autumn. " He snapped. "This never happened. Take up mason's offer. "

"How can you stand there and act like you don't care!" I yelled.

"Because I don't care. "He snarled. "You don't matter to me. "

Tears were streaming down my cheeks at this point. "Then why kiss me? Why play with my heart?"

His jaw hardened and His face was expressionless.  He stayed silent as if thinking.  "Maybe I like causing people pain. "

"Even me?" I said throwing my hands up.

Dakota didn't answer. His face never changed.

I nodded. Dakota was a monster. Maybe he really wasn't the man I once knew anymore.

Maybe that Dakota was really gone.

"Kota. " I said through clenched teeth. "Leave me the fuck out of your sick games. " and with that I walked off to where we had left Mason just ten minutes ago.

I felt Dakota's eyes on my back.

But he didn't say anything. Nor did he follow.

I finally made my way to the park. Where mason was sitting on a tree stump, waiting.

I walked up to him.

I had to move on from Dakota.

"Hey mason. I'm sorry about him. But I thought about it. I'd like it very much, If we got to know one another. "

Mason smiled and he pulled me into an embrace.

But my heart was so heavy I had to force myself to hug back.

I closed my eyes, and opened them again..

To see a pair of eyes watching us from the woods.

It's eyes locked with mine.

My wolf.

"Let's go. " Mason said pulling back from the hug. and we walked off and in hand.

But once I looked back

The black wolf was nowhere to be seen.