chapter 6

Dakota's pov..

I sat on the hay and clenched my fists.
A harsh breath in and a harsh breath out I struggled to remain calm.

I sipped my beer and watched him with her.

Holding her hand, dancing...

Laughing...

I looked down at my shaking fists.

This is what I get for the mistakes I've made isn't it? Having a mate.

But not being able to go near her.

I loved autumn so fucking much...but I couldn't have her. Not if I wanted to keep her safe.

I sighed and averted my eyes to the other villagers that were dancing and having a good time. It was the harvest festival.

Once in a while the town would hold little events to get together and so on.

Autumn had come with Mason.

And I had come for the free liquor.

But also to keep an eye on Mason. Because if he ever touches my mate improperly, I will hang him from his own intestines.

A scent filled my nose and I was snapped out of my trance.

It was a wolf's scent.

I growled lowly and jumped to my feet. This was my town.

Where my mate was.

And I'd be damned if I let anyone harm either of them.

My eyes fell on a blonde boy. Just a few years younger than me.

Who had bumped into Autumn.

I saw red and it took everything in me not to rip the wolf's throat out right there in public.

He had no right being on my land. So close to my mate.

I watched as the blonde apologized and walked away from autumn. I decided to follow him quietely, he was headed to the food areas.

But before he could get there, I grabbed the collar of his shirt and slammed him into a tree that was hidden in the shadows.

"What are you doing on my territory " I snapped my eyes turning gold.

The boy looked startled. "I mean no harm. I'm a rogue, I caught an alphas scent when I was passing the land. I-i just want to be apart of a pack. "

I laughed darkly. "And why's that?" I growled.

"Because lone wolves don't survive. " he said genuinely.

That much was true. They almost always die before long.

"There's no pack here. " I said letting go of him. "Leave town. Before I kill you. "

The boy looked panicked. "No!please. I can smell the alpha blood. Somewhere down the line there was alpha blood and it hit you. You are an alpha. I can fight. I can serve your pack well. "

And that had me taken back.

I knew I had alpha in me. My personality screamed it.

But I had never considered a pack. My main concern was keeping autumn safe and away from the dark ones...

Autumn...

If I had a pack, it meant more wolves to protect her..

My eyes focused on the eager blonde in front of me.