chapter one

God, I missed him so much....I thought to myself as my fingers curled up into a fist.

Nothing in the village was the same anymore. Nothing really mattered.

I grabbed my things and left the School, the girls still whispering and giggling in a corner. Ignoring them I walked out of the town and towards the village.
I found myself at the docs. Where I had last seen him..

Where his dead body was dragged off to God knows where.
I slumped down and I let tears fall.
The night the village was attacked dozens of people were murdered.

But only one body was still missing.
And that was Dakota's.

They never found whatever remained of him. Just a lot of blood.

I shook my head and stared at the large lake in front of me.

"You promised you'd never leave me. " I whispered to no one. "You lied. "

Whiping away at the tears with my sleeve, I stood up and made my way home.

I hesitated before going in but eventually did.

Even home had become hell.

I was quickly met by a hand to my throat, slamming me into the wall.

"What did I say about coming right home after school?" My father spat. "You already proved yourself a harlot with that Dakota boy. No need to make it worse. "
My father had found out about Dakota and I. and though he found out after Dakota's death, he still took the pleasure in beating me whenever he decided.

"If I'm already a harlet then what are you so afraid of father " I smirked and was met with a slap.
I could feel blood trickling down my lip.

"You will marry the Mason boy within a less of a year and we will give us money, don't mess that up for me!" He sneered and I couldn't help but see irony.

"Its funny, you say such things of me....when you're the one attempting to prostitute his own daughter" I gasped through his tight hand around my throat.

He spat and in seconds his fist collided with my face, knocking me out.

*****
I don't know how long I was out, or where my father had went.
But once I woke up it was dark, and I was still on the ground where he had thrown the punch.
I winced in pain as I tried to get up. My head pounded.

I stumbled my way up the stairs and drew a bath.
In the mirror I could see the blood that had spilled from my nose and the purple bruise that was no forming on the side of my pale and delicate face.

I sighed and stepped into the got water, washing the blood away.

My mind in a thousand places.
None of them good.

I stayed in the water longer that I should have but eventually dragged myself out. Once in my bedroom I pulled a short night gown over my body to sleep in.

Looking down I have changed I'm the past six months since he died.

My body was covered in bruises and scars, my bones poking out with self induced starvation.

I was killing myself slowly. But hey, perhaps my father would speed up the process.

The hairs on the back of my neck suddenly stood and I felt the sensation of being watched.

My eyes snapped to the window and whatever was left of my heart broke into a thousand pieces.

Because staring back at me, we're the ice blue eyes of Dakota Warren.

He was there for a second.

And gone within another.

I was left wondering what I had just seen, if I had even really seen it,the world spinning around me.